Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom App advice

tag
kjones2011
Established Member

Re: Chase Freedom App advice

Well i called the recon line and spoke to the analyst...Unfortunatly i got denied due to the collections from 2011 and past due payment when i lost my job in college a few years back.  Feeling kinda down... not sure if i want to continue my banking relationship with chase at this moment.....I repaid them the balance on the charge off  in full wiht late payments and interest.   There are no outstanding accounts on my credit report...my utilization is not very high.....I'm really considering switching to Capital one since i already have a CC'd with them (with 3 CL increases in a year) and my car loan (with low interest rate of 5%) .  Need advice

Experian 667 Transunion 655 Equifax 623

Walmart $3000 CL, VentureOne $5250 CL Best Buy $2500 CL
Macys $3300-Wells Fargo $4000 David's Bridal $2500 CareCredit $2500 Zales $2000
Message 11 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Freedom App advice

@kjones2011 wrote:

Well i called the recon line and spoke to the analyst...Unfortunatly i got denied due to the collections from 2011 and past due payment when i lost my job in college a few years back.  Feeling kinda down... not sure if i want to continue my banking relationship with chase at this moment.....I repaid them the balance on the charge off  in full wiht late payments and interest.   There are no outstanding accounts on my credit report...my utilization is not very high.....I'm really considering switching to Capital one since i already have a CC'd with them (with 3 CL increases in a year) and my car loan (with low interest rate of 5%) .  Need advice

Sorry for the denial.  Chase can give you another chance but it will take some more time since the CO.  Also, the CS you mentioned, even as a FAKO is still low ESP for a lender that you defaulted on.  

I would work on getting whatever is holding your score down off your reports through writing GW letters and/or making sure your util is low.  

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.