Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom App question

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Chase Freedom App question

Hi,

I applied for Chase Freedom and got the 7-10 day message. Then I called the recon, answered some questions, and they said they need address verification. So I am going to fax that to them now. Do you think it is a good sign that they asked for this? I applied for this card a few month ago and was declined. When I called the recon they discussed my credit report and why I was declined. This time they put me on hold for a while then asked me to fax address verification. I asked the rep if this meant that I have a good chance of being approved and she didn't give me any sort of indication as a reply. It seems she knew she was on a recorded line and wanted to say in legalise something that could not be construed other way than neutral. I think it is a good sign but I am not sure. What do you think? I know I am right on the borderline for acceptance but I am trying to push my luck to get a prime card....

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom App question

I cannot see them asking for address verification and not approving. I think it's a good sign.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 2 of 20
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

I cannot see them asking for address verification and not approving. I think it's a good sign.

+1 It would seem as though you are in good shape. Might just be conflicting addresses on two reports. Good luck!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 3 of 20
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

Hi,

I applied for Chase Freedom and got the 7-10 day message. Then I called the recon, answered some questions, and they said they need address verification. So I am going to fax that to them now. Do you think it is a good sign that they asked for this? I applied for this card a few month ago and was declined. When I called the recon they discussed my credit report and why I was declined. This time they put me on hold for a while then asked me to fax address verification. I asked the rep if this meant that I have a good chance of being approved and she didn't give me any sort of indication as a reply. It seems she knew she was on a recorded line and wanted to say in legalise something that could not be construed other way than neutral. I think it is a good sign but I am not sure. What do you think? I know I am right on the borderline for acceptance but I am trying to push my luck to get a prime card....

when I was applied for the United Chase card they told me they dont ask for more documents if they dont think you have a good chance of being approved,

I think you will more than likely be approved!

as long as your scores have gone up and not down since when you were declined

fico 747
Message 4 of 20
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

When I applied for the Freedom, I also had to fax in address verification and my SS #. Approved for $1000. I think you are approved! Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 5 of 20
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I hope so. If so I am entering the garden for a loooooong long time......

Message 6 of 20
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Join me. I'm in there in July 2014. Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 7 of 20
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Sounds like an approval.

Message 8 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 20
CollegeStudent530
Regular Contributor

That was what happened to me. The analyst I spoke to said I was in good shape if they were requesting verification documents. After faxing them over, I received my card in the next  two weeks or so. Please give them at least one week prior to reviewing your documents. =)

Welcome to the Chase Freedom club!!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.