cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom App - strange conversation???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom App - strange conversation???

I app'd for Chase Freedom card yesterday, 8/5 and received the 30 day message.  No big deal as I've read on the forums of others being approved after the manual review?!?!  I called 888.245.0625 and spoke to Nancy regarding the status of the app.  Nancy put me on hold and came back stating that she would recommend me for a $7000 limit.  Great, i thought until I specified that I didn't want a sig. card instead the base model - non-sig freedom card.  Nancy said that she could not tell me what card I was going to receive, the system didn't have that information????  She also said that I should get my welcome kit and if it's not the card I want to call and cancel the card, then reapply????  I told Nancy that would cost me another hard inquiry and she stated "yes it will"?  What is that about???  I called back again and another CSR gave me the same runaround... 

Anyone have this experience - if so, what was the outcome? Please help! 

They already pulled TU-669 and EQ-732, I live in MI... 
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom App - strange conversation???

Update - I called the automated status line - "Congrats, you're approved.  Your current balance is $0 and your available credit is $7000, your current apr is 14.99%".  The apr looks like the freedom card I applied for - it stated in the app 14.99%???
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

forrestfico wrote:
Update - I called the automated status line - "Congrats, you're approved.  Your current balance is $0 and your available credit is $7000, your current apr is 14.99%".  The apr looks like the freedom card I applied for - it stated in the app 14.99%???

It could still be the signature card. I apped for the Freedom card, made it very clear I did NOT want the signature card and what did they send me?  Yep, a sig. card. However, I called customer service and explained that I did not want the signature card and they easily did a product change over the phone. They told me not to activate the signature card and to just wait until the regular Freedom card arrived in it's place. When I got the new card, I ended up with the Freedom Plus, which I now know is even better. So I lucked out.

Just see what you get, if it's the signature, give them a call, they will switch it for you. I did not have to reapply and it did not cost me an inquiry.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

P.S.
Awesome limit. I'm jealous. I got a whopping $1,000!
Message 4 of 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats! The Freedom card is awesome! Great CL!
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go! Nice Credit Limit!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info Up...  I'll give that a try if I get the sig. card...
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Fretless...  You won't believe it but my BK7 just fell off of all 3 reports over the past two weeks - 10 years yahoo!!! - all scores went up between 30-50 points across the reports.  The only TL's i had were from 9 months ago - opened 3 new accounts - WAMU $1000 CL, Hooters $1100 CL and Target $200 limit.  I was totally expecting a $1000-$1500 CL if I even got the approval from Chase and to my jaw dropping satisfaction she said $7000...  So thank you Chase for going over my previous highest CL by about 7 times...  I'm still in shock!!!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you miahmarie!!!
Message 9 of 10
Madison
Regular Contributor

Any way to get lower APR than 14.00%?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.