cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approved ($500) I Want More!

tag
saggy1
Established Member

Chase Freedom Approved ($500) I Want More!

I just applied and got an instant approval. I called their automated line to find out my limit. It is only $500. I would like to have more, especially if I will be using the card more than my others. I currently have a bofa card with a 3k limit (which will soon be sock drawered) Discover "it" with a $1500 limit and two amex npsl.

Would it be a bad idea to call and ask them to raise it eve before I get my card? Or should I just tough it out and wait 6 months or so then do it?

THX

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom Approved ($500) I Want More!

They won't do anything with it even if you call to my knowledge.

The $500 is basically the default, entry CL for Chase now for what they consider marginal or outright subprime customers.  I'd take a hard look at my credit report if it were me, but that $500 limit is perfectly servicable in this day and age of online accounts, and getting in with Chase is a beneficial thing in the long run.

        
Message 2 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

They won't do anything with it even if you call to my knowledge.

The $500 is basically the default, entry CL for Chase now for what they consider marginal or outright subprime customers.  I'd take a hard look at my credit report if it were me, but that $500 limit is perfectly servicable in this day and age of online accounts, and getting in with Chase is a beneficial thing in the long run.

Definitely this. a credit limit of $500 doesn't mean you can only spend $500. It's a little more work but just pay it down more than once a month and you'll be fine. Smiley Very Happy 

Message 3 of 6
WiserThenEver
Established Member

@saggy1 wrote:

I just applied and got an instant approval. I called their automated line to find out my limit. It is only $500. I would like to have more, especially if I will be using the card more than my others. I currently have a bofa card with a 3k limit (which will soon be sock drawered) Discover "it" with a $1500 limit and two amex npsl.

Would it be a bad idea to call and ask them to raise it eve before I get my card? Or should I just tough it out and wait 6 months or so then do it?

THX

Hey Saggy,

What kind of baddies do you have, and do you know your credit score?

Message 4 of 6
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

I really have no baddies on my score. When I append for this cars I had really high utilization and my aaoa was just under a year.
I got instantly approved but again still only 500 limit . It's been less then a week and already have 300 on it. (will pif on Friday)
I've basically exchanged this for my debit because of the rewards and the bonus offer if I spend 500 in first 3 months .

chase is always a hard pull on cli I will just use this regularly and pif and hope for the best.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 5 of 6
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

Looks like you have some pretty decent credit lines for just startin out! Chase will grow with you, but as stated, usually a HP if they don't auto CLI you. But if you ever get to the point of needing/wanting another Chase product (a la Sapphire, etc.) They are usually pretty generous then after you establish a relationship!

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.