cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom - Approved!!!! Clearview Federal Credit Union - Denied.

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom - Approved!!!! Clearview Federal Credit Union - Denied.

@annielorie wrote:

Im sorry I didnt realize an article is no good sorry wont happen again.

Many links are just fine but many also go to sites that use questionable tactics for credit repair therefore myFICO has to be very careful what is allowed. If you ever have any doubt about a link you're welcome to PM any mod or admin and simply ask if it's ok.

Message 21 of 32
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Will do!Smiley Embarassed

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 22 of 32
timkrof
Contributor

I just read some posts where Discover let the account holders transfer some of their personal card credit line to setup a new business account card.

Does anyone know if Chase will let me do this?  When I tried reconning they said they would let transfer some of my credit line on my Slate card to my new Freedom card.

I'm wondering if they'll let me do from a personal to a business line like how Discover seems to let account holders transfer.....???

Message 23 of 32
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

There's a CU like that near me, so I just won't app for credit there. Super conservative. Most CUs aren't like that, fortunately. You're in good shape with your Chase. But if you still want a CU card, you could look around at other CUs in your area. I called several before deciding on the one I apped with (and was approved). Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 24 of 32
timkrof
Contributor

Thank you so much for the advice/info!

I just applied online for the PSECU checking/savings account and was instantly accepted!   Whoo Hoo!

I would like to apply for the CC/PSOL combo now but I think I'm going to try and show some activity first, a couple direct paycheck deposits, debit card usage, etc.

Does anyone else think waiting a little while would help my chances?

Thanks again!!!!!!

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@timkrof wrote:

Thank you so much for the advice/info!

I just applied online for the PSECU checking/savings account and was instantly accepted!   Whoo Hoo!

I would like to apply for the CC/PSOL combo now but I think I'm going to try and show some activity first, a couple direct paycheck deposits, debit card usage, etc.

Does anyone else think waiting a little while would help my chances?

Thanks again!!!!!!

Before I applied, they told me it really didn't make a lot of difference.  Their decision will be based on your credit profile.  You may call and ask them though as well.  That is just what they told me.  We seem somewhat similar.  I was approved by Chase Freedom as well, and also got an auto loan from PSECU for 2.49% as well as their Visa/PSL combo for $1k

Message 26 of 32
timkrof
Contributor

Thanks!  That is a sweet auto loan apr!

Do you remember how many inquiries or new accounts you had at the time when applying for the combo?

Thanks!

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@timkrof wrote:

Thanks!  That is a sweet auto loan apr!

Do you remember how many inquiries or new accounts you had at the time when applying for the combo?

Thanks!

Yes it was awesome.  The great thing about PSECU is that they have a standard auto loan.  Everyone gets the same rate if they qualify.  Most places raise the rate based on how well you qualified.

As for inquiries, I lucked here.  Here is how it happened to me, but keep in mind YMMV.

My wife and I both opened an S1 savings account, got an inquiry for that.  I asked them about inquiries and they said that opening the account, applying for the car loan, and applying for the combo would each be a separate inquiry.  I didn't think my wife would qualify with me for the loan, but they said they could use the same inquiry for me to apply with and without here.  As it turned out, after we were rejected, the next person told me it would be a separate inquiry.  So all told, it should have been 4.

However, I only got 1 out of the whole thing.  I recently got my report direct from Experian and did notice some soft inquiries from them, so I think after the first savings account approval, the rest were soft inquiries.  Not sure if I just got lucky or if this is standard or what happened, but long story short, I got 1 inquiry for starting my account, auto loan, and combo.

Message 28 of 32
timkrof
Contributor

Wow!  That is awesome!

I'm just worried about them giving me the "too many inquiries" or "too many new accounts" denial reasons.

I have 6 hard inquiries and 3 new accounts in the past 12 months:

HP's:

2 from Chase for the Freedom card

1 from current CU, soon to be ex-CU (Clearview Federal Credit Union) 

2 for mortgage preapprovals

1 from old collection agency that doesn't even report to any of my reports

New Accounts:

1 new Sony GE card

1 new secured loan with soon to be old CU

1 Chase Freedom 4K CL

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@timkrof wrote:

Wow!  That is awesome!

I'm just worried about them giving me the "too many inquiries" or "too many new accounts" denial reasons.

I have 6 hard inquiries and 3 new accounts in the past 12 months:

HP's:

2 from Chase for the Freedom card

1 from current CU, soon to be ex-CU (Clearview Federal Credit Union) 

2 for mortgage preapprovals

1 from old collection agency that doesn't even report to any of my reports

New Accounts:

1 new Sony GE card

1 new secured loan with soon to be old CU

1 Chase Freedom 4K CL

The new accounts might be an issue.  I had more inquiries than you when I applied by a lot.  My newest account was about 7 months old though and I only had that one account.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.