Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approved - Plus Questions

tag
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Approved - Plus Questions

Same here. The Chase CSR was great and no sales pitch for worthless add ons. Refreshing.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 11 of 17
FrugalRican
Blogger

@Datx wrote:

@crunching_numbers wrote:

OK, in my book when they say YES, I am happy. The alternative would be a HP and a NO to go with it. Have no regrets, they said YES!

Yea, I guess I havent really looked at it that way. I just regret it, because I made a poor decision to apply for it now when I made plans to go for it at the end of the year where I see myself in better credit situation wise, which probably would have gotten me a better limit. But whats done is done, and you're right, at least they didnt say no.

If it makes you feel any better, I was a customer of Chase's for 2 years+ when I got my Freedom and all I got was a $1400 CL.

Granted, I was in the 650's at the time with a collections, I wonder what it would have been now that I'm in the 740's with a clean report.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it makes you feel any better, I was a customer of Chase's for 2 years+ when I got my Freedom and all I got was a $1400 CL.

Granted, I was in the 650's at the time with a collections, I wonder what it would have been now that I'm in the 740's with a clean report.

Have they given you a CLI since your new scores?

Message 13 of 17
FrugalRican
Blogger

Only had the card for 7 months, but so far, nope.

No auto-luv.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase's credit card division is great IMO (no experience with their banking division). They have a very competitive line up of cards and their CS has been professional and knowledgeable every time I've had an issue. I usually use their Secure Message Center since I find it even quicker than calling in. They allow you to consolidate credit lines when closing down an account, effectively keeping your total credit with them the same. They honor higher sign-up bonuses within 90 days of applying if you signed up for a lower one or a better one comes along. The only thing I don't like is they HP if you request a CLI and I heard they are not so generous with auto-CLI. Also, you are stuck with the APR assigned to you at time of approval since they don't lower it every so often like Amex does when asked.

Message 15 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

I want this card....but dont know if my bk7 in 05 will prevent me from getting it ......have 2 collections 1 coming off in june other in december should i wait ? My iib derogs will drop off in june.....

Message 16 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Chase has always had good CS from my experiences with them. If you want a CLI you should use your freedom heavily for the next year ($250+ charged monthly and PIF), and then request one. You'll probably get around 2k, which isn't a bad trade at all for only 1 HP.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.