Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Approved - Plus Questions

Same here. The Chase CSR was great and no sales pitch for worthless add ons. Refreshing.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Blogger

Datx wrote:

crunching_numbers wrote:

OK, in my book when they say YES, I am happy. The alternative would be a HP and a NO to go with it. Have no regrets, they said YES!

Yea, I guess I havent really looked at it that way. I just regret it, because I made a poor decision to apply for it now when I made plans to go for it at the end of the year where I see myself in better credit situation wise, which probably would have gotten me a better limit. But whats done is done, and you're right, at least they didnt say no.

If it makes you feel any better, I was a customer of Chase's for 2 years+ when I got my Freedom and all I got was a $1400 CL.

Granted, I was in the 650's at the time with a collections, I wonder what it would have been now that I'm in the 740's with a clean report.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Frequent Contributor

If it makes you feel any better, I was a customer of Chase's for 2 years+ when I got my Freedom and all I got was a $1400 CL.

Granted, I was in the 650's at the time with a collections, I wonder what it would have been now that I'm in the 740's with a clean report.

Have they given you a CLI since your new scores?

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 668 EX 649 EQ 657 (All Lender Pull 1-13-2012)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Blogger

Only had the card for 7 months, but so far, nope.

No auto-luv.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Established Contributor

Chase's credit card division is great IMO (no experience with their banking division). They have a very competitive line up of cards and their CS has been professional and knowledgeable every time I've had an issue. I usually use their Secure Message Center since I find it even quicker than calling in. They allow you to consolidate credit lines when closing down an account, effectively keeping your total credit with them the same. They honor higher sign-up bonuses within 90 days of applying if you signed up for a lower one or a better one comes along. The only thing I don't like is they HP if you request a CLI and I heard they are not so generous with auto-CLI. Also, you are stuck with the APR assigned to you at time of approval since they don't lower it every so often like Amex does when asked.

Established Contributor

I want this card....but dont know if my bk7 in 05 will prevent me from getting it ......have 2 collections 1 coming off in june other in december should i wait ? My iib derogs will drop off in june.....

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Chase has always had good CS from my experiences with them. If you want a CLI you should use your freedom heavily for the next year ($250+ charged monthly and PIF), and then request one. You'll probably get around 2k, which isn't a bad trade at all for only 1 HP.
FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.