Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approved!! :)

tag
vizon
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom Approved!! :)

Just put my app in online and got the instant approval! So happy. Get $200 cash back with spending 500 in 3 months.

I only have 2 cards

BoA Platinum plus $500 CL ====> Currently PCing to BankAmericard 1-2-3

JCPenney $230 CL

Chase just approved me for $1,000 which is higher than my both cards combined even though its a ridiculous amount. Just glad to get my foot in the door.

2 30 days late on my report from April 2010 (trying to get removed, inaccurate) and July 2010. No other bad info on my report.

So happy to have a prime card! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Approved!! :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Message 2 of 15
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Congrats! That's great. 

The Chase Freedom keeps getting thrown at me as card to apply for. It seems to be a little less stringent than other cards geared more to toward "Excellent".

Maybe I should have applied for that one instead. What are your Fico's, if don't mind my asking? If we're similar maybe I'll apply before the inquiry I just had over the weekend updates.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 3 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@vizon wrote:

Just put my app in online and got the instant approval! So happy. Get $200 cash back with spending 500 in 3 months.

I only have 2 cards

BoA Platinum plus $500 CL ====> Currently PCing to BankAmericard 1-2-3

JCPenney $230 CL

Chase just approved me for $1,000 which is higher than my both cards combined even though its a ridiculous amount. Just glad to get my foot in the door.

2 30 days late on my report from April 2010 (trying to get removed, inaccurate) and July 2010. No other bad info on my report.

So happy to have a prime card! Smiley Happy

Congrats!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 15
tray
Valued Contributor

Congrats, enjoy the bonus too which is a nice deal $200.00 for only spending $500.00.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 15
vizon
Regular Contributor

Very low 700's. Eq is 705, EX 708 and TU has a ton of inquries I am trying to dispute (errors) so I don't know.. though Chase pulled from TU.

Everyone told me to wait and that I shouldn't apply right now. Glad I did! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrtas!

I was approved for this card back in November for $2000, After 2 years not having a credit card and with only 1 Macys account open and 4 accounts closed.

I just redeemend my points and got the cash!

I have been wondering though if they pull Fico or FAKO scores.

When they approved me, my Transunion Fako score was 685 and when I received the card in the mail, they told me what my Transunion score was 685 and I have been wondering if it is really true that all credit crads companies use FICO score, as everybody seems to think.

Unless my transunion Fico score is the same as my FAKO.. I know Fako is currentl 709, I just find it hard to believe that my FICO would be the same. (too good to be true I guess)

Well, anyway do you know your current transunion Fico or Fako scores?

Message 7 of 15
vizon
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrtas!

I was approved for this card back in November for $2000, After 2 years not having a credit card and with only 1 Macys account open and 4 accounts closed.

I have been wondering though if they pull Fico or FAKO scores.

When they approved me, my Transunion Fako score was 685 and when I received the card in the mail, they told me what my Transunion score was 685 and I have been wondering if it is really true that all credit crads companies use FICO score, as everybody seems to think.

Unless my transunion Fico score is the same as my FAKO.. I know Fako is currentl 709, I just find it hard to believe that my FICO would be the same. (too good to be true I guess)

Well, anyway do you know your current transunion Fico or Fako scores?

Thats definitely interesting. I know my JCPenney card sent me some real odd score and it is def a FAKO not sure which. On the Chase, I will have to wait to receive the info.

Message 8 of 15
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Thanks for the reply, Vizon.

Very low 700s? So a little higher than my Fico's. I'm 699 on TU and 682 on EQ. EX is the one with all the inquiries for me. I only have one or two on either of my Fico scores.

How do you know that they pulled TU? Did you ask? TU is my strongest score but it also has the most stuff on it....good and bad. 

I have student loan charge offs that are about 5 1/2 years old. I also have an in-dispute Verizon land line paid collection that I am dealing with from about a year ago. Not sure if that's enough to get denied in spite of 699 score.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 9 of 15
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Vizon.

Very low 700s? So a little higher than my Fico's. I'm 699 on TU and 682 on EQ. EX is the one with all the inquiries for me. I only have one or two on either of my Fico scores.

How do you know that they pulled TU? Did you ask? TU is my strongest score but it also has the most stuff on it....good and bad. 

I have student loan charge offs that are about 5 1/2 years old. I also have an in-dispute Verizon land line paid collection that I am dealing with from about a year ago. Not sure if that's enough to get denied in spite of 699 score.

The verizon collection would surely impact your score, the student loan charge offs as well but not as much as they are a lot older.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.