Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Arrived

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Chase Freedom Arrived

Well after 11 brutal days of going back and forth with chase with a verification following a pre approval. and in horror after waiting 6 months to get the pre-approval. imagine my shock after i applied to get a 30 day message. after hearing month after month here at my fico. that chase pre approvals are golden.  so 10 days ago. i faxed them a copy of Dl and My passport. Finally last friday they said i was approved. i applied on april 13th. Today. i get home and in the mailbox is my freedom card. this is the hardest since my rebuild that i had to fight to get a card from anyone. amex was not this tough. geez. well will be breaking it in tomorrow to meet the 500 buck bonus. very easy for me to do. then following the advice from the pros here. 6 months of payments. then CSP. here i come. that will be my last credit card. as i don't need it. well maybe. as ive yet to get in with citi. other than bestbuy and home depot. thanks all again for great advice. and also. telling me what things I had to do. taxi.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Arrived

Congrats! Slick looking card huh?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 13
Kenro
Regular Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

Congrats! Slick looking card huh?

I think Freedom looks pretty bad, at least the new one with the chip.

Message 3 of 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

To be honest I think the Freedom is a pretty garish card. Bright and ugly and screams "Freedom" across the front. I don't know. I never thought it was an attractive card and the chip does it no favors either.

Oh well. It's the benefits that matter

Message 4 of 13
Scupra
Super Contributor

HAHA! The neon green trim sells me

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 13
Kenro
Regular Contributor

Things are never same after having Ritz Carlton card Smiley Sad

I just wish Chase introduced like Sapphire Elite? Made out of metal and with same fees/benefits as Citi Prestige.

I still dont get why they dont do it.

Message 6 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

You guys are hillarious about the way it looks. Smiley Very HappyBut i do agree. it is a little on the LOUD side. hehehehe

i kind of prefer low key. like my Diners Club. on people in the know even know what it is. lmao. a friend of mine said to me. when we were out to dinner.

Where in the hell did you get that Dinousaur from. i spit out my drink lauging. hehehe. Smiley Embarassed

Message 7 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Glad you got the card, the Freedom has a bit of bling, not as much as the CSP/Ritz or Marriott, but it holds it own lol

Message 8 of 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

I am still using my freedom without emv. I requested an emv replacement and thought the card looked funky. I definitely like the non emv version better.

I also have the Ritz card and ya, once you have the Ritz it's hard for anything else to POP at you lol. 

Message 9 of 13
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

I love that this thread went straight to how the card looks, lol! 

I'm also not a fan of the card, and the longer I look at it, the less I like it: 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Anyone-else-surprised-by-how-cheap-feeling-the-Freedom-...

Anyways OP, congrats on making it through the Chase trenches. As far as the info about pre-quals for Chase being golden, for the most part they are. There are going to be people that don't get the instant approvals with every card issuer, even when they're prequalified. 

Now, tell me how to get that pretty white Barclaycard Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.