Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Auto CLI Tactics?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Auto CLI Tactics?

I havent seen a chase branch here. I should check one in. But of course i dont have a checking with them.

Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

For auto CLI, I think Chase likes large, but not full payments. I received an auto CLI from $13,000 to $16,500 after 6 months of having the Southwest Sig. Visa card. I made large payments but left a couple of thousand balance on the card from month to month before I received the auto CLI.

Hope that helps!

Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

SG-

It looks like that's two votes for let them earn a little interest while still making sizeable payments. 

I think I'm going to use that tactic even though my interest rate is a little high.

I'm still taking suggestions however...

Message 13 of 35
TM82
Regular Contributor

I'll weigh in with my experience. Got the Freedom in 9/2010 with a line of $2,000. Put approximately $30,000 thru it in about a year. Received an auto cli at around the one year mark up to $2,300. 3 weeks later applied for and approved for sapphire. Funny thing was the postcard I received from them to enjoy my new spending power. Never paid a cent in interest often paying every Friday simply to keep the card from going over the limit. Chase is not good at cli these days. Sometimes they'll even decline a cli after a hard pull but they'll approve you for a brand new card a month later.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am looking to apply for the Saphire Preferred later this year so I may just bide my time. I do like to keep Amex happy with most of my transactions but may move more action to chase.
Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my third statement and I'm still at the opening credit limit. I've left a $500 balance on there to entice them with some 22.99% interest... we'll see how long I can stand losing money as an experiment.  

Message 16 of 35
RyVision
Valued Contributor

This thread has me curious too.  I'm an AU on a 5k Freedom (opened last spring), no CLI so far, was asked about at opening, told maybe later.  I was also an AU on a previous Freedom Siggy with a 10.5k CL but a flexible spending account which on one of my reports still says "open" and appears to show payments (until looking at details then it's 0\0). 

The current card gets use and large payments and has a 10.9 or 11.9 rate once the zero intro expires.  I don't remember if the CL on the old Freedom changed or not at some point, it may have been higher than 10.5k at some point, it went rate wonky I think during the "credit mess" a few years ago (which to some degree is still going on lol) so it got paid and closed (by us).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its interesting we all go through these hoops to try to get a CLI when in reality then can CLD us at anytime without notice Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Self-serving bump...

I just got an auto CLI on my LOWE's card which reminded me of this thread I started a while back. My forth statement will come out in the next week so I have my fingers crossed. Otherwise, it looks like I'll have to wait until July or so to app for the Sapphire Preferred.

Message 19 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Self-serving bump...

I just got an auto CLI on my LOWE's card which reminded me of this thread I started a while back. My forth statement will come out in the next week so I have my fingers crossed. Otherwise, it looks like I'll have to wait until July or so to app for the Sapphire Preferred.

Congrats!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.