Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Balance Transfer

tag
Voodard
Contributor

Chase Freedom Balance Transfer

I would like to take advantage of Chase's 0% balance transfer for 15 months promo.  The card arrived, but how do I request the balance transfer?  I went online to transfer it, but I don't see where I would put in my Citibank info to request the transfer.  Also, do I select the "standard APR" offer when in the balance transfer screen?  There's no rate given.

Sorry to have to ask such a boring question, but the only time I usually BT is when I'm sent the promo checks, those are so easy to use.

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Balance Transfer

You select the standard APR rate. Chase actually wouldn't let you do BT once your promotional APR offer expired. You will be asked more detail on the second page.

You can also call Chase and ask for BT checks.

Message 2 of 7
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 3 of 7
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Voodard, could you let me know if your transfer worked at 0%, and how you went about doing it?

I have a friend considering getting this card for that offer, and I would love to pass on help to him from someone who has taken advantage of the offer recently.

Thanks!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 4 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I used the Freedom BT offer.

Select the "standard apr"...

after that, it should list the 0% offer til whenever the exp. date is.

:-)

I just xferred over a couple thou to my freedom ahah.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 7
Voodard
Contributor

youngandcreditwrthy, thanks for answering SnackTraders question. I'd been traveling and hadn't had a chance to login the past few days.

Ok, so my balance transfer seems to still be in limbo. It shows as pending on the Freedom account and the target account doesn't show the payment has been received. Anyone know how long this process normally takes? (This is why I like convenience checks with 0% interest attached, I control the speed at which this gets done)

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 6 of 7
lanc
Regular Contributor

I'd call and see if there's a better rate.  If not, I tell them I'll just do it online.  For example I called Citi and they offered 2% through the phone where online it was 3% fee.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.