Contributor
irving_magik

Chase Freedom - Blacklist after CO

Hi Everyone,

I am writing this more for informational purposes for anyone who may be in my situation. I've had a Chase Freedom on my wishlist for a long time.... but I was always concerned that I was blacklisted. I never BK'd them nor defaulted on Chase.... Here is my story:

Back in 05' I lost my job and defaulted on 7 CCs, one which was Providian.... That charge off was paid off but to a CA. Ofcourse, Providian was purchased by WaMu then purchased by Chase. The last couple of years it's been reporting as Chase on CR..... This always worried me that I would not be able to qualify.

I finally pulled the trigger, with a ~730 or higher EX score. All the COs and CAs had aged off, but I did get the 7-10day message. I did not wait, call the backdoor number right away and was told that the application needed further review.

After 5-10 minute conversation, in which I was asked about Employment, Income, Identity identication questions, and of course what happened with the Chase account I defaulted on.... I explained the whole situation and let the nice lady know that I was in much better financial situation, that I had never truly had a Chase CC...  She put me on hold and then came back with an approval and a $1500 limit. I was so happy to finally get a chance with Chase... I know they are a HP for every CLI, but at least they will grow with me, unlike other CCC.

So if you're out there and read this, hope this information helps out.

Fico Scores: TU 734 (08/12/2012) and EQ 716 (12/08/2012)

AMEX BCP $10,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $6500 (opened 12/2012) Chase Freedom $1500 (opened 09/2012)

GMAC Mortgage $181,000 (opened 07/2011) - Car Loan $18,000 (opended 01/2011)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}