Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CC/Recon

tag
supersam101
Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CC/Recon

Congrats.Cat Happy What is your credit limit on the chase freedom ?

Discover IT Student $3k. Bankameri better balance $3k.
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 11 of 16
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Yes, congrats, what is your limit?

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 12 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

^The OP wasn't approved for a Chase Freedom. The OP was approved for a BofA card after being denied by Chase. This topic was posted 9/24/12.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 13 of 16
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

^The OP wasn't approved for a Chase Freedom. The OP was approved for a BofA card after being denied by Chase. This topic was posted 9/24/12.

Wrong.

OP posted under another screen name and said he recon'd with Chase and was approved on the fifth try.  People are interested in what limit he received considering it took so much effort to get the card.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 14 of 16
alboto
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous- wrote:

Thank you everyone for your valuable input. Sorry I couldn't reply earlier because I was trying to retrieve the account that I originally posted with. (I forgot my password, and turns out, there's no way you can reset your password if you are only registered for myFICO forums, so I had to make a new account.)

Anyway just wanted to update you guys. I did call the recon number again around 20 days after I initially talked with them, which was this Monday. So credit analyst I got was aware that I had called them four times and asked them to reconsider THREE times already and she said I CANNOT recon again (obviously) and she also said I wasn't supposed to recon more than once. So I was left disheartened and I was probably going to leave it at that but for some reason, I don't know what I was thinking or why I did that, but I called them once more a couple of minutes later! Now I knew I was going to be rejected again, but I probably did it to just hear the rejection one last time. So she asked me the same questions as the other credit analysts, she asked me about my current CITI credit card, and I think she wasn't aware that it was a secured card. So I answer all the questions honestly, she puts me on hold for about 4-5 mins, then comes back with "Congratulations!" I literally replied "Are you serious!" because this was the one call where I was least expecting to get approved. I don't have words to describe what I felt at that moment.This would've never been possible if it weren't for this forum and everyone on it.

I would just like to thank you guys again. Had I never come across this forum, I would've never learned about recons and would've still been sulking over my denial letter. So to all the people out there in the same boat as me, NEVER give up hope on recons!

Congrats!!! whats the CL???

Message 15 of 16
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone! The CL I've received is $500. I know it's not much at all, but it's still better than being denied. And I also think I only the credit analyst matched this CL with my CITI Secured CC's limit, which is also $500, because the last thing she asked me before she put me on hold was about my CL with CITI. I'm still suprised she didn't know about my BofA card, because I was under the impression that they usually have access to the latest credit report.

And to clear the confusion of some of the posters here, I am the OP. The reason I had to make a new account was because I forgot the password to the account that I posted with initially. I tried resetting the password, but it kept asking me for my SSN. Since the account was forums only, I never entered my SSN when I registered for it, so it was of no use. Anyway, I'm just happy I finally got the CC I wanted.

Also, is Chase Freedom a prime card? What exactly makes a card prime or sub-prime, is it the CL?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.