Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI - Chances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom CLI - Chances?

I opened my Chase Freedom card February of last year with a CL of $2K. I then combined it in April with another Chase card that had a CL of $3K and closed that card. Later, I asked for a CLI in July but was denied. I didn't make any more requests after that. My CL currently stands at $5K.

I would like to ask for a CLI now, considering the card is now more than a year old, and I have several other cards with matching CLs. I did carry a balance on the Freedom card for the duration of the promotional APR period but paid it down after the promotion ended.

My biggest concern is that I miscalculated when my promotional period was going to end, so I went a few dollars over my CL on the first statement after the promotion ended, due to the interest (my balance before the interest was added on was below the CL, naturally). I did immediately pay everything off, and as far as I can tell, I was not leveraged a fee for going over my CL. Is this a concern?

What do you think my chances are of getting a CLI? I'd like to get at least $8K (although $10K would be out of this world). Doable or not? Advice?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI - Chances?

Imo app CSP and seek a CLI on the other card

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
omskillet
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

This is exactly what I did. Was approved for 8k CSP and got a CLI on Discover from 2k -> 8k. I waited for the CSP to hit my report before request the CLI from Discover to help justify requesting a 4x increase. Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@omskillet wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

This is exactly what I did. Was approved for 8k CSP and got a CLI on Discover from 2k -> 8k. I waited for the CSP to hit my report before request the CLI from Discover to help justify requesting a 4x increase. Smiley Happy 

right OP will get a better shot at more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ glad it worked out for you as well Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.