Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI Chances?

tag
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom CLI Chances?

I've combed their website, and the luv button is nowhere to be found.  I'm assuming I'm not eligible yet?  Anyone know what the window is for consideration of first cli?

Details:

• Opened 2/24/14 initial CL: $1500 (see "Starting Score" in sig for an idea of my credit at that time)
  • Pulled TU for app (live in MN)
  • Chase SP'd EX 4/24/14 (don't see any other SP's)
  • Used to get what seemed like weekly Slate/Freedom offers in the mail before I opted out.
  • Low to moderate (?) usage ($2500 run through it since opening, always PIF, highest balance $1250)
  • Decent improvement in scores since opening.
  • Have taken 2 inq/bureau since opening (TU is most with 4 total)
  • Opened 4 new accounts during April app spree (3 of which are higher CL than this, one is equal).
  • Current util 5%.
  • $60k+ income

What do you suppose my Freedom CLI chances are?  I really want to get in good with Chase because my goal is to get a CSP (someday) as my everyday card and use this freedom in conjunction for UR points.

I have a CO due to fall off in June.  Should I wait for it to go first?  Once it's gone I have just two baddies left (single 60 day late in 2012 on two separate Sallie Mae student loans I'm a cosigner on).

My credit repair journey started in December 2013 with an EX of 568.
Oct 2014: 715EQ (myFICO)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI Chances?

You send secure message or call them if you want CLI. It'll be HP for sure.

Message 2 of 8
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

Thanks.  I'm ok with it being an HP, seems that's a given with Chase.

Question: since you're a Chase cardholder, you don't have a luv button either?  I noticed some posts that say they have one.

Message 3 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

I've never had one on my 4 Chase cards.  I don't think my wife has one on hers.

Message 4 of 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@hahayepyep wrote:

Thanks.  I'm ok with it being an HP, seems that's a given with Chase.

Question: since you're a Chase cardholder, you don't have a luv button either?  I noticed some posts that say they have one.

Nope. Never saw one.

Message 5 of 8
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

Thanks!  Now that I look again, the posts claiming to have a Chase luv button are all a few years old.  Should have looked closer.

Message 6 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

You can request CLIs with Chase anytime. It will be a HP. If it would be me I would wait and not gamble now ... outcome for a CLI with the many new accounts is uncertain .. Good luck if you decide to get a HP !

Message 7 of 8
clocktick
Valued Contributor

No love button here either and never had one.  I called and they ask how much you want (you do not have to answer).  I would probably wait until that falls off in June, that's only next month.  Definitely a HP as others have stated.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.