Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI Declined - Recon?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI Declined - Recon?

+1
Just garden and try in 6 months. If you are interested for a conversion to a Siggy it will not work before 13 months...I am in the same boat with my 4K Freedom the only non Siggy but Chase will not budge at this time...have it for 9 months only.
Message 11 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Not worth trying again getting a HP for the same no 

Work on the points the letter states and try again after that

I didn't know Chase pulled another HP for recon, but then again, I'm not completely well-versed on how Chase operates. Would contacting the EO solve anything? I mean, I don't want to fight a lost cause, but I also think I have valid points on why I should get a CLI. It's not a necessity, so I'm just wondering my likelihood that I'll be successful. 

Even the EO route will most likely not help IMHO but YMMV

2 points struck me from the letter 

Account to new and INQ's 

One Chase is extremely INQ sensitive but YMMV

And the second point from the letter it would seem you have opened up a lot of new TL's is this correct?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 18
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

I didn't know Chase pulled another HP for recon, but then again, I'm not completely well-versed on how Chase operates. Would contacting the EO solve anything? I mean, I don't want to fight a lost cause, but I also think I have valid points on why I should get a CLI. It's not a necessity, so I'm just wondering my likelihood that I'll be successful. 

Account to new and INQ's 

And the second point from the letter it would seem you have opened up a lot of new TL's is this correct?

Yes, that is correct. So the general consensusis to garden and hopefully try again in 6 months-1 year? 

Also, thank you all for your input! 

Message 13 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Account to new and INQ's 

Yes, that is correct. So the general consensusis to garden and hopefully try again in 6 months-1 year? 

Correct garden time and when you leave the garden Chase will be begging for your business

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 14 of 18
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Account to new and INQ's 

Correct garden time and when you leave the garden Chase will be begging for your business

That'll be a nice change of pace, instead of me begging them to have my business. Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 18
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

yes..this is a wonderful way to look at it ....will keep it in mind as well Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 17 of 18
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I applied for a cli at the 6 month mark. I was approved for a 500 dollar cli from 2k-2500 with a hp. I contacted the eo, and it took a few days, but the csr was helpful and she got me a cli to 5k using the same hp as the initial request. What I learned from this experience is to always ask for a certain limit--do not just leave it open to see what they will give you. Then call the regular recon line to recon a denied cli, then, if that fails, you can contact the eo. Go as far as you can on this HP.  The damage for the HP has been done, so you owe it to yourself to recon. If they say it's a hp, ask them to use the same hp, if they insist on a new one, say no and contact the eo and ask them to use the same hp.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.