Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI Question

tag
Twas_Sovereign
New Contributor

Chase Freedom CLI Question

Would like some advice on what to do with my Freedom. I'm currently at 3.1k( was approved for 2.1k originall and received a 1k auto last month) and was looking to see if it's worth the HP to get a limit increase.  I would like to get my limit north of 5k but I'm not sure what my odds are of getting it especially since I just got two cards recently.  Also do you know what bereau they pull for the CLI requests? I'm hoping it's TU since that has my highest score right now. 

Thanks for any help you guys can provide. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI Question

@Twas_Sovereign wrote:

Would like some advice on what to do with my Freedom. I'm currently at 3.1k( was approved for 2.1k originall and received a 1k auto last month) and was looking to see if it's worth the HP to get a limit increase.  I would like to get my limit north of 5k but I'm not sure what my odds are of getting it especially since I just got two cards recently.  Also do you know what bereau they pull for the CLI requests? I'm hoping it's TU since that has my highest score right now. 

With Chase I almost feel like it's better just to apply for a new account and then transfer some of the CL if you want more line on freedom.

maybe CSP

Message 2 of 6
Twas_Sovereign
New Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Twas_Sovereign wrote:

With Chase I almost feel like it's better just to apply for a new account and then transfer some of the CL if you want more line on freedom.

maybe CSP

I'm waiting till next year to apply for my CSP because I want to have my BCE north of 5k when I apply.  I've got a Slate with 2k but I don't really want to move $1,500 of it right now. I'm waiting till my 0% APR ends on it before I close my account for that one. Do you know if they pull TU for a CLI request?  I wouldn't mind taking a chance since I only have 3 INQ's on TU at the moment.

Also thanks for the help in the past Creditaddict! You gave me the confidence to apply for my BCE.

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Twas_Sovereign wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Twas_Sovereign wrote:

maybe CSP

I'm waiting till next year to apply for my CSP because I want to have my BCE north of 5k when I apply.  I've got a Slate with 2k but I don't really want to move $1,500 of it right now. I'm waiting till my 0% APR ends on it before I close my account for that one. Do you know if they pull TU for a CLI request?  I wouldn't mind taking a chance since I only have 3 INQ's on TU at the moment.

Also thanks for the help in the past Creditaddict! You gave me the confidence to apply for my BCE.

my bad wasn't even paying attention that you already have 2 chase accounts.

I'm not sure about which they pull for CLI, BofA is TU but don't want to guess for chase for you... they are all running together in my head right now Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 6
Shock
Established Contributor

Keep up what you're doing. A 1k auto increase is nothing to fret about. I mean, if they did that to me, I would be inclined to think they like me. I think theyll give you some more auto LUV.

I got mines by heavy usage and letting the statement cut, then pay in full. I think they look at your high balance vs your credit limit. I let my statement cut at around 300 of 500. Most other times was cut at around 30 bucks or so. Then they increased me to 1k. Utilization will look high, but only for that month. I'd do that for a auto CLI Smiley Happy

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 5 of 6
Twas_Sovereign
New Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Twas_Sovereign wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Twas_Sovereign wrote:

maybe CSP

my bad wasn't even paying attention that you already have 2 chase accounts.

I'm not sure about which they pull for CLI, BofA is TU but don't want to guess for chase for you... they are all running together in my head right now Smiley Tongue

Haha, understood. Thanks for the help.

@Shock wrote:

Keep up what you're doing. A 1k auto increase is nothing to fret about. I mean, if they did that to me, I would be inclined to think they like me. I think theyll give you some more auto LUV.

I got mines by heavy usage and letting the statement cut, then pay in full. I think they look at your high balance vs your credit limit. I let my statement cut at around 300 of 500. Most other times was cut at around 30 bucks or so. Then they increased me to 1k. Utilization will look high, but only for that month. I'd do that for a auto CLI Smiley Happy

I was PIF before my statement cut so my balance was reporting very little. Extremely surprised I even got the 1k increase. I would just like to get my limit to over 5k so I can upgrade to the signature version. I may talk to someone next time I'm at my local branch since they seem to like me over there.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.