Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI RECON success!

tag
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

Chase Freedom CLI RECON success!

Decided to join the gardening club yesterday after apping for cards and car shopping but tried for a CLI for my Chase Freedom as my last act before picking up the trowel. I was declined. I'd never tried for a RECON before so just now I figured I had nothing to loose and I'd already wasted a hard pull so I called the backdoor RECON number and the CSR approved me for a 3X CLI to 3K in 10 minutes! I like Chase. A far cry from Orchard/C1 I just kicked to the curb.

Sweet sweet success..

The more I play the credit game the more It intrigues me and the more fun it becomes. And I haven't even started collecting airline miles yet Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI RECON success!

Chase Freedom is onw of the best out there!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 17
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

yea except for the high APR... I recommend PIF each month for sure.

Message 3 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

How long have you had the freedom?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 17
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Nice, very nice.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 5 of 17
agforfree5
Contributor

Message 6 of 17
agforfree5
Contributor

@Funk-O-Meter wrote:

Decided to join the gardening club yesterday after apping for cards and car shopping but tried for a CLI for my Chase Freedom as my last act before picking up the trowel. I was declined. I'd never tried for a RECON before so just now I figured I had nothing to loose and I'd already wasted a hard pull so I called the backdoor RECON number and the CSR approved me for a 3X CLI to 3K in 10 minutes! I like Chase. A far cry from Orchard/C1 I just kicked to the curb.

Sweet sweet success..

The more I play the credit game the more It intrigues me and the more fun it becomes. And I haven't even started collecting airline miles yet Smiley Happy

Funk-O-Meter --

If you dont mind sharing, what did you mention to the rep the get the CLI recon request approved ?

Message 7 of 17
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@Funk-O-Meter wrote:

yea except for the high APR... I recommend PIF each month for sure.

my chase freedom apr is my lowest at 9.75%

even my new (as of 9/24!) BofA BankAmericard VISA signature has apr of 12.5% (although that is the lowest apr for that card, as the range was 12.5 - 22.5%)

edited to add: congratulations on your CLI!

Message 8 of 17
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

Imua what's your secret to low APR's? Is your score around > 750?

Is there every a chance a CSR could ever lower an APR?

My chase was my first prime card so I understand why I got the highest APR in the range. Before that I just had an $500CL Orchard starter which irronically had the lowest APR I've had at 17%

Regardless of the APR I like to PIF. over the last 3 years I've paid less then $30 in interest over all my cards and that's from running them up on vacation.

What did I tell the CSR? I didn't really make a case at all but to say I saw their points catagory is online shopping and I'd love to be able to use the card this season for holiday shopping. I didn't even bother with "what my other cards CL's are" and all that. It's hillarious to me how I can get the front door CSR on the phone and get immidiatly declined for any help then call a different number, get a "real" CSR and get a 3X CLI! It reminds me that it's a big game that you just have to play. That's fine I like games.

I had the Freedom about 6 months.

Message 9 of 17
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Congrats on the call. Always nice to hear success recon stories
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.