Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI - Soft Inquiry

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI - Soft Inquiry

Received a response from Chase,

"I am writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

I have reviewed your account and can confirm that your
 Credit Limit was increased from $xxx to $xxx on 
03/03/2012.

Further, to assist you with your inquiry, please be
assured that I have forwarded your message to the
appropriate department for review and you should receive a
 response within one business day." 

I guess I will just have to wait, then I'll let you guys know. 

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 21 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

Received a response from Chase,

"I am writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

I have reviewed your account and can confirm that your
 Credit Limit was increased from $xxx to $xxx on 
03/03/2012.

Further, to assist you with your inquiry, please be
assured that I have forwarded your message to the
appropriate department for review and you should receive a
 response within one business day." 

I guess I will just have to wait, then I'll let you guys know. 

Congrats on your CLI!! Was it a good one?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 35
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

HECK NO!! $300 TO $500!

Definitly not worth a HP. I, and including many others I'm sure, am willing to give them back the $200 CLI in exchange for them to take off a HP. lol. It was kind of insulting. I've been using the card for 3 months, and was doing what I thought was PIF. (didnt realize statement balance is actually what the balance on the due date. I was PIF mid cycle). I guess I should be thankful for a CLI only 3 months in, but still, a HP is not worth it. 

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 23 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

HECK NO!! $300 TO $500!

Definitly not worth a HP. I, and including many others I'm sure, am willing to give them back the $200 CLI in exchange for them to take off a HP. lol. It was kind of insulting. I've been using the card for 3 months, and was doing what I thought was PIF. (didnt realize statement balance is actually what the balance on the due date. I was PIF mid cycle). I guess I should be thankful for a CLI only 3 months in, but still, a HP is not worth it. 

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

Maybe some good usage for the next 6-12 months will next a auto CLI!!!! Fingers crossed!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 35
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:
I requested and received a CLI for my Chase Slate last weekend. I asked her if it was a soft pull and she said yes. Now I'm not too sure Smiley Sad

Sorry. lol

Really hope its not. People should be able to get these taken off if they were told they were softs....Its really a bigger deal than the CSR's act. It has a huge bearing on your finacial sitution, and thus the future of your life, which should not be treated like some insignificant thing.

Is there a way of calling and finding out if it was a SP or a HP? I don't want to have to pull a report just to find out what it was.

It was a increase from $300 to $500. I'd be pissed if it was a HP. $200 is not worht a HP. GRRRR

The truth is, I am planning on applying for a Chase Freedom in the next few months, and a Discover more 6 months after that. If they already did a HP, what are the chances of them just using the HP(if it is a HP) to apply for a Freedom card.

edit: I just send Chase a secured message asking them if it was a SP or a HP. We'll see what comes back.

Of course there is. Read read and read some more.Smiley Surprised

Message 25 of 35
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Received a reponse back from Chase: 

"Dear XXXX;

We are writing in response to your recent correspondence.

We are writing in regards to your recent online
correspondence.

In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, there
are certain permissible purposes for a credit grantor to
review your credit profile. For an existing customer,
credit reports may be reviewed for account monitoring
purposes, or for changes to the account, such as extending
a promotional interest rate offer, account consolidations
or a credit line increase.

The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires the posting of an
inquiry that identifies any credit grantor that reviews a
credit profile. This inquiry will be viewable by other
companies.

For additional information regarding your credit score,
please contact the three major credit reporting agencies
directly.

Equifax Credit Information Service, P. O. Box 740241,
Atlanta, GA 30374-0241,
(800) 685-1111 www.credit.equifax.com

Experian Consumer Assistance, P. O. Box 2002, Allen, TX
75013-0036, (888) 397-3742
www.experian.com/reportaccess

TransUnion, 2 Baldwin Place, P. O. Box 1000, Chester, PA
19022-1370, (800) 888-4213
http://www.transunion.com/direct

We value you as a Chase accountholder and appreciate the
opportunity to be of service.

Thank You,

E-mail Credit Representative
1-888-245-0625"

Sounds like they did a HP right?

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 26 of 35
FrugalRican
Blogger

Definitely sounds like it.

I actually didn't get a HP from Chase when I got the Chase Freedom.

When I pulled my credit report a few months ago, from annualcreditreport, I saw Chase nowhere on the hard pulls.

The difference might have been that I already had established checking/savings account relationships for over 2 years, so I don't know if MAYBE, just MAYBE, they took into account the fact that I had never overdrawn my account or something of the sort. I just remember opening a new savings account so I could defer car DP money into it and them telling me that I was pre-approved AND guaranteed a Chase Freedom if I wanted it.

I don't think it's the norm though, but it's my story.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 27 of 35
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Definitely sounds like it.

I actually didn't get a HP from Chase when I got the Chase Freedom.

When I pulled my credit report a few months ago, from annualcreditreport, I saw Chase nowhere on the hard pulls.

The difference might have been that I already had established checking/savings account relationships for over 2 years, so I don't know if MAYBE, just MAYBE, they took into account the fact that I had never overdrawn my account or something of the sort. I just remember opening a new savings account so I could defer car DP money into it and them telling me that I was pre-approved AND guaranteed a Chase Freedom if I wanted it.

I don't think it's the norm though, but it's my story.

So who and what number do I need to call to possibly take this HP off, or have them recode it as a SP

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 28 of 35
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Just sent them this message:

"So does this mean that a hard inquiry was pulled against my credit?"

we'll see what they say. I'd be pissed if it was a HP

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 29 of 35
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

They ended up replying back telling me to call the credit analyst. I got antsy, so before I even read that message, Last night, I called the backdoor number for the Executive office in IL and spoke to a really nice woman named Marie.

I told her my concerns, she said she'll verify with the credit department and will get back to me.

Talked to her just now, and she did verify that the rep told me it was going to be a SP(I guess through the recorded phone conversation) but it was in fact a HP. She said she will be submitting a request to Experian to "mask"(guessing that they will recode it as a SP) this HP, and will also be sending me a copy of the request/letter. Also said It will can take up to 45 days for Experian to make the changes on my report. So does Experian HAVE to make the change, or is it ultimately Experian's decision to change it or not?

After that conversation, we started talking about my credit line. I brought up my concerns about it being low, and how I'd like to leave Capital One completely and start a relationship with them. Told her that my Experian is by far the lowest. She said she'll talk to the credit analyst and see what she can do for me.

Lets see where this ends up. 

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.