Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI - Soft Inquiry

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI - Soft Inquiry

@SwiftTone wrote:
I requested and received a CLI for my Chase Slate last weekend. I asked her if it was a soft pull and she said yes. Now I'm not too sure Smiley Sad

Sorry. lol

Really hope its not. People should be able to get these taken off if they were told they were softs....Its really a bigger deal than the CSR's act. It has a huge bearing on your finacial sitution, and thus the future of your life, which should not be treated like some insignificant thing.

Message 11 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

The lady who opened my Chase business checking and savings yesterday said i was pre-approved for Chase INK. I didnt take it but i mentioned that I wanted a CLI on my new Chase Freedom since its only $500.

She said she was going to try to get it raised without a hard inquiry....is this even possible? Has anyone heard of this?

For what its worth, she was going to call someone but it was after hours...so prob hear back monday?

I would check your EX file immediately and if there is no HP put a security freeze on your file. I don't think the CSR knows what she's talking about.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 35
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I got a 1,000 increase in August 2011 from 5,000  to 6,000 and I pretty much begged her not to do a hard pull and they didn't. 

Message 13 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ShiningDown wrote:

I got a 1,000 increase in August 2011 from 5,000  to 6,000 and I pretty much begged her not to do a hard pull and they didn't. 

Sweet!!! SP CLI's are where it's at!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 35
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

The lady who opened my Chase business checking and savings yesterday said i was pre-approved for Chase INK. I didnt take it but i mentioned that I wanted a CLI on my new Chase Freedom since its only $500.

She said she was going to try to get it raised without a hard inquiry....is this even possible? Has anyone heard of this?

For what its worth, she was going to call someone but it was after hours...so prob hear back monday?

I would check your EX file immediately and if there is no HP put a security freeze on your file. I don't think the CSR knows what she's talking about.

Security freeze cannot stop Chase, as OP has existing relationship with Chase. Security freeze only works against lender that you have no relationship with.

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone else have anecdotal evidence of soft CLIs?
Message 16 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@trumpet A security freeze stops HP's currently with a creditor or not. Ive had mutiple creditors tell me they cant HP because my reports are frozen.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 35
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:
I requested and received a CLI for my Chase Slate last weekend. I asked her if it was a soft pull and she said yes. Now I'm not too sure Smiley Sad

Sorry. lol

Really hope its not. People should be able to get these taken off if they were told they were softs....Its really a bigger deal than the CSR's act. It has a huge bearing on your finacial sitution, and thus the future of your life, which should not be treated like some insignificant thing.

Is there a way of calling and finding out if it was a SP or a HP? I don't want to have to pull a report just to find out what it was.

It was a increase from $300 to $500. I'd be pissed if it was a HP. $200 is not worht a HP. GRRRR

The truth is, I am planning on applying for a Chase Freedom in the next few months, and a Discover more 6 months after that. If they already did a HP, what are the chances of them just using the HP(if it is a HP) to apply for a Freedom card.

edit: I just send Chase a secured message asking them if it was a SP or a HP. We'll see what comes back.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 18 of 35
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
@trumpet A security freeze stops HP's currently with a creditor or not. Ive had mutiple creditors tell me they cant HP because my reports are frozen.

From Experian:

A security freeze generally does not apply to circumstances in which you have an existing account relationship and a copy of your report is requested by your existing creditor or its agents or affiliates for certain types of account review, collection, fraud control or similar activities.

In addition, you need to pay fee (both placing and lifting) for security freeze.

Message 19 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

From Experian:

A security freeze generally does not apply to circumstances in which you have an existing account relationship and a copy of your report is requested by your existing creditor or its agents or affiliates for certain types of account review, collection, fraud control or similar activities.

In addition, you need to pay fee (both placing and lifting) for security freeze.

I understand what your saying, but I've been in situations this year and last year where the creditor wanted to do a HP for a CLI and couldn't so they flat out denied the CLI. This may be true for EX but EQ and TU have been proven (at least from ym standpoint) to be HP blocked for CLI's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.