Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI Timing

tag
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom CLI Timing

Helping a coworker build her credit and I am thinking  about CLI from chase. Here is her scenario. 

she has Cap1 $500 Limit  opened 3/2012.....0 balance

Chase freedom $1,000.00   opened 4/2013.....0 Balance

Already contacted Cap1 and they  refused the CLI. She has been using the chase and is PIF and her highest usage was $751.00. Also received a Citi diamond preferred invitation in the mail. My question is should she ask for CLI from chase now or wait till 6th statement and or apply for more cards. She is anxious to build her history and makes about 45k.

Thanks

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI Timing

@iwant700fico wrote:

Helping a coworker build her credit and I am thinking  about CLI from chase. Here is her scenario. 

Already contacted Cap1 and they  refused the CLI. She has been using the chase and is PIF and her highest usage was $751.00. Also received a Citi diamond preferred invitation in the mail. My question is should she ask for CLI from chase now or wait till 6th statement and or apply for more cards. She is anxious to build her history and makes about 45k.

Thanks

I'd wait until history with Chase is established for at least 6 months.  Also, a CLI with them will be a hard pull.

Message 2 of 4
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

@iwant700fico wrote:

Thanks

I'd wait until history with Chase is established for at least 6 months.  Also, a CLI with them will be a hard pull.

what about applying for the Citi Diamond since she got the invitation.

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 3 of 4
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@iwant700fico wrote:

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

@iwant700fico wrote:

Thanks

what about applying for the Citi Diamond since she got the invitation.

I think being approved for the CDP is more likely than getting a CLI with Chase right now...but it will depend on the overall credit picture.  An invitation is a good start but not an automatic approval.  Of course, she could always recon if it doesn't work out.  I actually did that same thing with my CDP last year after initially being declined due to too many inquiries (all of which were related to a car loan refinance).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.