Regular Contributor
alboto

Re: Chase Freedom CLI after 1 month

Im gonna wait a couple of months more and then try to get my $500 CL freedom a little bit higher.
Contributor
cardslayer

This sounds promissing. I was actually thinking of PC to CSP, but current limit on Freedom is only $3k. Should I inquire about PC first, or try to get CLI first before attempting PC? I do not want the regular Sapphire, only CSP. Any advice on this?

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Good info....thanks for sharing. I may ask for CLIs in 2013

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
jd5189

webhopper wrote:
Good info....thanks for sharing. I may ask for CLIs in 2013

You're lucky you got at least 5k limits. My Freedom was at 1k and for me, honestly, it was either they increase the CL to something useful or I was just going to close it. I mean, how do they expect you to buy round trip plane tickets for two over the holidays for less than 1k...... wasn't happening. That's all I really told them. The 5x categories are great - but my CL didn't allow me to really use it. 

In my wallet: Amex PRG & Zync, Amex BCE (19.2k), Chase Freedom (5k), PSECU Visa/PSL (20k)
Current Scores: Equifax: 738 (Fako) TransUnion: 721 (Fico) Experian: 717 (Fico)
Disclaimer: I am by no means a financial advisor. My posts are based on opinion, experience, and/or knowledge.
Established Contributor
CruzImperial

That is a very nice success story. CONGRATS!!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Frequent Contributor
wallyworld123

congrats gr8 increase

Established Contributor
LesWH

armbenderc wrote:

LesWH wrote:

Ok, I got approved for Chase Freedom last month with a $2,000 CL. I went into the garden on Oct. 10. Tonight, I decided to try to get a CLI for the chase, since it was my lowest limit. The CSR said I was declined. I immediately called the recon line and was approved for $4,000! I didn't even have to go into explanation mode. I don't understand why there is such a difference between regular CS and the Recon one! Anyway, back to the garden I go!

HP I assume?

It was indeed a HP

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}