Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI after calling in!

tag
chris2k5
New Contributor

Chase Freedom CLI after calling in!

Had my Chase Freedom Visa card since November/December 2011. I initially got it with a low credit limit of $500. I have been going pretty close to the limit lately so I decided to call and ask for a CLI.

Got a CSR who put in a request (I think it did a hard pull) and she gave me a measley $300 to bring it up to $800. I told her that was so small and that I'd need more to even keep the card. She transferred me to lending department...

The guy verified my income and etc. He came back and said he will give me another $200 to make it $1000...Still too little so I told him I have cards with more credit limits and my payment history has been 100% ontime and perfect.

I finally put a number out ... $1500 or I cancel the card. He put me on hold and came back and said ok to $1500. 

At least I got $1000 out of it right???

CapitalOne Platinum - $1500
Chase Freedom - $5000 Chase Southwest Premier - $3000
Discover More - $3700
Barclays US Airways - $1500
American Express Platinum, Gold PRG, and Zync - NPSL
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
shane82388
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI after calling in!

yeah nice! but what a hassle! jeez...

Ive put over $1k through my $500 Chase Freedom in the first month. I just got something like $250 cash back lol. I'm scared to ask for a CLI though because of the hard pull...I wish there were more info on how Chase does auto CLI out there.

Message 2 of 4
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Good for you.Smiley Wink

@chris2k5 wrote:

Had my Chase Freedom Visa card since November/December 2011. I initially got it with a low credit limit of $500. I have been going pretty close to the limit lately so I decided to call and ask for a CLI.

Got a CSR who put in a request (I think it did a hard pull) and she gave me a measley $300 to bring it up to $800. I told her that was so small and that I'd need more to even keep the card. She transferred me to lending department...

The guy verified my income and etc. He came back and said he will give me another $200 to make it $1000...Still too little so I told him I have cards with more credit limits and my payment history has been 100% ontime and perfect.

I finally put a number out ... $1500 or I cancel the card. He put me on hold and came back and said ok to $1500. 

At least I got $1000 out of it right???

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

Cheers! best to get the most out of a pull Smiley Happy

wow! Can be like pulling teeth with Chase, eh?

My only Chase (Amazon Visa) CLI request was denied after an HP.

Since then, became gunshy, doubt that will ever try for CLI with Chase again.

For whatever reason, a 5 digit CL approval on a new app. was granted just a couple of days after the denied CLI request- with the same score/ info being reported on the EQ HP pulled separately for the CLI request and new app... different approval criteria, I guess. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.