cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI and APR reduction?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI and APR reduction?

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

we are not going to transfer ANYTHING... I just did a few requests to his new Duck Card to get us through the holidays but everything is with Navy and that is 0% until what Aug./Sept. I forget when they started the 0%.

The next move I would like to see all this debt is on to a consolidation loan or else into my name so that he can get a mortgage Smiley Tongue

And you both will live happily ever after?  LOL

Sounds like a good plan to get the mortgage process all planned out.  I assume you both currently have separate dwellings or do you both live together?

no we live together but I'm a contract worker so my income is not useful for the next 2 years!

so we need to reverse who is carrying the debt!

Oh gotcha.  That makes sense.  Well, I have no doubt your thinking wheels are already processing the plan in motion!  Robot Very Happy  And, from your recent posts on the card approval forum, sound like things are moving in the right direction for you.

yes, thank you... but one of the reasons why I'm so torn and confused on the car issue!

Message 21 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

we are not going to transfer ANYTHING... I just did a few requests to his new Duck Card to get us through the holidays but everything is with Navy and that is 0% until what Aug./Sept. I forget when they started the 0%.

The next move I would like to see all this debt is on to a consolidation loan or else into my name so that he can get a mortgage Smiley Tongue

Sounds like a good plan to get the mortgage process all planned out.  I assume you both currently have separate dwellings or do you both live together?

no we live together but I'm a contract worker so my income is not useful for the next 2 years!

Oh gotcha.  That makes sense.  Well, I have no doubt your thinking wheels are already processing the plan in motion!  Robot Very Happy  And, from your recent posts on the card approval forum, sound like things are moving in the right direction for you.

yes, thank you... but one of the reasons why I'm so torn and confused on the car issue!

Refresh my memory, is this the issue with the Lease turn-in from a while back or a different one?

Message 22 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Refresh my memory, is this the issue with the Lease turn-in from a while back or a different one?

different... I took care of that... kind of... some of it is on a credit card... but Infiniti is paid and it's cleared on my credit!

I just posted over in auto about Infiniti if you want to look and chime in that would be great, thanks

Message 23 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks everyone!!! Missed you guys and gals too! Where's Lex?!? Lol

Bah. I wish my stupid scores would stay above 700 but they get close and then I open a new card lmao.
Yeah, I called them last month to get a cli and they said with only a hp.
I did see that other post where someone could get up to $7100 for a sp.

Consequently, my fico at time of approve for Freedom was 637 whereas now it is 680+. That is a huge improvement.
And I think each lender varies. I get the best terms with AmEx(15.24% on Delta) and the worst terms with everyone else.
Eh I rarely pay interest anyway. And I have so much credit available as many of us do that an emergency really wouldn't do much. LOL *knock on wood*

Glad everyone's doing well! I've been stuck at home the past couple of days since it's so icy here!!!! I tried to drive my Mustang in the ice and couldn't even get out of the parking lot..stupid rear wheel drive :-( lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 24 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Thanks everyone!!! Missed you guys and gals too! Where's Lex?!? Lol

Bah. I wish my stupid scores would stay above 700 but they get close and then I open a new card lmao.
Yeah, I called them last month to get a cli and they said with only a hp.
I did see that other post where someone could get up to $7100 for a sp.

Consequently, my fico at time of approve for Freedom was 637 whereas now it is 680+. That is a huge improvement.
And I think each lender varies. I get the best terms with AmEx(15.24% on Delta) and the worst terms with everyone else.
Eh I rarely pay interest anyway. And I have so much credit available as many of us do that an emergency really wouldn't do much. LOL *knock on wood*

Glad everyone's doing well! I've been stuck at home the past couple of days since it's so icy here!!!! I tried to drive my Mustang in the ice and couldn't even get out of the parking lot..stupid rear wheel drive :-( lol

I'm here.  Just in the background. 

Message 25 of 29
enharu
Super Contributor

+1 to finstar said.

You can always try calling backdoor / EO. Worst thing is they'll say no to APR reduction and want a HP for CLI, which you can then decide if that's what you want to do.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 26 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yay! Hey Lex...miss you! :-)

Damn. I hate Chase sometimes.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Yay! Hey Lex...miss you! :-)

Damn. I hate Chase sometimes.

And you have been missed too.  Good luck with your exams. 

Message 28 of 29
leoment
Frequent Contributor

I feel your pain, young. I opened the Freedom card when I was 19 with a terrible 23.24% APR.. Now at 23 they still won't consider dropping it, even though they've given 2 auto-CLIs + conversion to Signature + I have a considerably better profile now than 4 years ago.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.