Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom - CLI email

tag
quizzer25

Chase Freedom - CLI email

I received the following email this morning -

As one of our best customers, we’re offering you a fast and hassle-free way
to increase the credit line* on your Chase Freedom® credit card.

Here's how easy it is to request your credit line increase:

1. Log in to our secure website by January 31, 2014

2. Enter your annual income

3. Get an instant decision

It’s really that simple. There’s no hassle or credit report check!

My question is:

Has anyone got the same mail and went ahead with the CLI process?

My wife is joint account holder.

Do I need to enter just my annual income or (mine+wife) annual income?

I know the mail says no credit report check.

Can anybody confirm no inquiry/credit score ding?

The reason am worried is am looking to buy home in the next 3 months and I don't want a credit score dip.

TIA
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom - CLI email

That sounds to me like a phishing email. I wouldn't do anything until you confirm that it actually came from Chase. Open your own browser window to Chase (don't click email link), and look for the CLI button (under account management IIRC). My understanding is that Chase is usually a HP for customer initiated CLI.

Regarding income, they usually want household income (ie: you and your wife).

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 2 of 38
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

If you got this message in the SM on your account it should be legit.  On this forum there were posts of members that got CLI offers from Chase but I cannot find it anymore but believe there indeed was no credit check. These things happen but very rare with Chase. If you see this email in you account login I would proceed. If in doubt call Chase and confirm the offer. Good luck and please update the result Smiley Happy

Edit:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Email-offering-CLI/m-p/2662517/highlight/true#M76...

one example I found of an offer for CLI and no HP ..LOL

Message 3 of 38
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

I just got the same email regarding my Marriott Premier card.

I logged directly into account did not find anyplace that had a cli request.

I will call in the AM and report back.

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 4 of 38

I actually just saw that i got this as well, and went through with it. They did just ask for your income, and gave you a number of what your new line could/would be. In my case, it said my new line would be $4100, up from $2600. Put the income down and yes, i got that new line. Checks out on the website, and the app if that matters. The offer is up in a few days, but if it does ding the score before then, I'll post

22 year old college student
Current Cards:
AMEX BCE 5.8k, AMEX Gold NPSL, AMEX Costco TrueEarnings 2k, BOFA Bankamericard Travel Rewards 4.5k, Discover IT 2.5k, Chase Freedom 4.1k, Kay 4.5k
Message 5 of 38
quizzer25

Thanks for the additional link. Looks like its a SP only an not a HP.

I will still wait for 1-2 days and then go for it.

Message 6 of 38
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@CraftyProcrastinator wrote:

I actually just saw that i got this as well, and went through with it. They did just ask for your income, and gave you a number of what your new line could/would be. In my case, it said my new line would be $4100, up from $2600. Put the income down and yes, i got that new line. Checks out on the website, and the app if that matters. The offer is up in a few days, but if it does ding the score before then, I'll post

Congrats on the CLI...SP CLI are always best and especially with Chase Smiley Happy.. Did you get the email via account messages? I am just curious as in todays scam/fishing world it should only come via account messages  !

Message 7 of 38
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I got it and took the offer.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 38
nixforfun
Established Member

I received the same email...I checked that the link was from chase and it was a secured site... Went ahead and submitted my income and got a $2000 increase on my $4000 credit limit. It says there wont be any credit checks but I'll look out if they did a HP

Message 9 of 38
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

I got the same email this morning....after i proceeded, the CLI reflected immediately when logging out and back into my account.  when i added my income, it said that a credit report would not be pulled.

This was a nice surprise this morning.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.