Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom CLI

Can someone please let me how to get a CLI for Chase Freedom???

I have had it for 1 year my SL is $500. My credit score is 685 with 30% utilization. I pay it on time and in full!

I do have $45,000 in student loans.

My other CC's are:

Discover IT $1,600

Capital One Quicksilver $750

The Chase Freedom is my favorite but I needed a larger CLI WITHOUT a Hard Pull. I already requested one and was denied.

Please help!!!!!!!

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom CLI

I've done a lot of reseach here and at other credit forums and there are so many data points that conflict that there is no real way to know.

What I've read:

• Show your card heavy usage including some people who let 90% report on a statement cut, but then PIF to $0 a week later which Chase will re-update to the CRAs right away to show $0 balance.
  • Open other Chase credit accounts (such as Disney, AARP, etc) and then combine those new limits into your Freedom limit and then close the new accounts.  Repeat this a few times over the years -- some folks did this to get $20,000 or larger CL.

Question: what's the HIGHEST utilization you're reporting on any one credit card?  Not 30% aggregate, but on any one card?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I make sure that I pay my CC in full and I do not use it until the new billing cycle so that the statement reports a $0 balance.

Right now the only CC that is carrying a balance is my Discover IT --> $500/$1600

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my data points for auto-CLI. I charged about $750/mo for the first 3 months with mid-cycle payments. $500 -> $1000 after a post-statement PIF. I only had that and my Disco at the time though. Scores about 720.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting data points!

I have the $500 toy limit, approved in May.  Have put $490 every month, let it post on statement date, PIF a few days later, had it report $0 right away.

No auto CLIs yet and it's been 4 statements so far (June 16, July 16, Aug 16, Sep 16).  5th statement comes up this month but CL is still $500.

I assume these $500 toy limit first cards with Chase may take longer to auto CLI.

I burned Chase for $8000 back in 2007 or 2008 with a chargeoff, and this was the first time they preapproved me with the green checkmark so I am just thankful to be back in.  If it takes a year, it takes a year.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've done a lot of reseach here and at other credit forums and there are so many data points that conflict that there is no real way to know.

What I've read:

• Show your card heavy usage including some people who let 90% report on a statement cut, but then PIF to $0 a week later which Chase will re-update to the CRAs right away to show $0 balance.
  • Open other Chase credit accounts (such as Disney, AARP, etc) and then combine those new limits into your Freedom limit and then close the new accounts.  Repeat this a few times over the years -- some folks did this to get $20,000 or larger CL.

Question: what's the HIGHEST utilization you're reporting on any one credit card?  Not 30% aggregate, but on any one card?

Do you know if the AARP CC counts under the 5/24 rule?

If approved and once closed, can the CL from AARP be merged into a CSP?

Message 6 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What I've read:

AARP isn't covered under 5/24. 

Chase auto-CLI seem to be elusive, but I've had more luck applying for a new card and eventually reallocating the limits prior to closing. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always reallocate/combine before closing. Once closed you lose the limit.

Message 8 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What I've read:

AARP isn't covered under 5/24. 

Chase auto-CLI seem to be elusive, but I've had more luck applying for a new card and eventually reallocating the limits prior to closing. 

+1.  I've had my Freedom card for a decade and could never get a CLI, even with a HP and recon - it probably only gets about $5k of spend annually, but the balance can be several thousand dollars at any given time depending on the categories and how close the date is to a scheduled payment.  A few minutes after I was turned down the last time, they immediately gave me a $12k CSP at the lowest APR (as every one of my Chase cards are, and my Freedom is below the current listed minimum).  (It was at $3k until last year when I closed a low limit old Slate and moved $1200 to it; I since reallocated after getting another Slate and have it at $5k.)  

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the replies!!

My CSP sits at $5k, even with a great history.  I've never tried a CLI with a HP on that card and never will.  I was thinking to go for the AARP because of the promo $200 bonush cash back after spending $500 in 3 months.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.