Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom + CSP Combo

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom + CSP Combo

You read the entire thread?

It's not misleading and it still applies. If you want to maximize the UR points you use whichever card up to the break even mark or use the other card. You're only missing out on the checking aspect. You still build rewards and transfer to CSP the same.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 11 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

It's not misleading and it still applies. If you want to maximize the UR points you use whichever card up to the break even mark or use the other card. You're only missing out on the checking aspect. You still build rewards and transfer to CSP the same.

Sorry, disagree, the thread addresses the old system of checking rewards with the 10points per transaction system.   It is now really simple:

1) If you don't have checking, use  Freedom on 5x and CSP for everything else   (assuming these are the only cards you will have)

2) If you do have checking, use Freedom for everything except  for dining and travel.

And once the 7% goes away, either for new apps or in 2016, it's even simpler, everyone can follow rule 2.

Message 12 of 15
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Sorry, disagree, the thread addresses the old system of checking rewards with the 10points per transaction system.   It is now really simple:

1) If you don't have checking, use  Freedom on 5x and CSP for everything else   (assuming these are the only cards you will have)

2) If you do have checking, use Freedom for everything except  for dining and travel.

And once the 7% goes away, either for new apps or in 2016, it's even simpler, everyone can follow rule 2.

+1

Message 13 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Shoot, my apologies, I forgot about the 10pts per transaction...my bad OP.

Thanks for clearing that up LTL.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 14 of 15
bluedoggiant
New Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Thank you so much for clarifying! Really glad I apped a week before july 20.

No prob j_casteel

----- QS: $10k ------ CF: $14k ------- BCP: $15k ------- CSP: $24k ------ AMEXPlat ----
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.