Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Card - Rewards Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Card - Rewards Question

I see that I can earn bonus rewards by shopping through the internet for many many online vendors. For instance, I can get 2% from Aeropostale. With this example, would I still get my 3% bonus (if that is one of my top spending categories) AND a 2% bonus on top of that?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Card - Rewards Question

ace9848 wrote:
I see that I can earn bonus rewards by shopping through the internet for many many online vendors. For instance, I can get 2% from Aeropostale. With this example, would I still get my 3% bonus (if that is one of my top spending categories) AND a 2% bonus on top of that?

Thanks!

I would assume so.  I've shopped through Chase Rewards Plus, however, my purchases were not from any of the defined top spending categories.  I received my usual 1%, plus the additional Chase Rewards Plus percentage bonus.  

The Chase Rewards Plus website states:

Customers earn bonus rewards when shopping through the Chase Rewards Plus website. These bonus rewards are in addition to the rewards you currently earn with your rewards product. Plus, you can earn unlimited bonus rewards through Chase Rewards Plus since these bonus rewards do not count toward any Rewards Program caps as outlined in your Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.

Message Edited by psychic on 06-13-2008 06:17 PM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks!

The card has a cap of $600 monthly. There are 15 categories - you receive 1% for every dollar spent. Of the 15, whatever your top 3 spending category, you receive an additional 2%. The max you can receive a month is $18.00.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks!

The card has a cap of $600 monthly. There are 15 categories - you receive 1% for every dollar spent. Of the 15, whatever your top 3 spending category, you receive an additional 2%. The max you can receive a month is $18.00.

I see what you're saying, FaircreditguyFL.  However, you may not be aware that a similar, but not identical, question is also posed on the Chase Rewards Plus website:

Is there a limit to the amount of bonus rewards I can earn with Chase Rewards Plus?
A: No. You can earn unlimited bonus rewards with Chase Rewards Plus. In addition, these bonus rewards do not count toward any Rewards Program caps as outlined in your Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.

I assume that ace9848 is addressing bonuses associated with online shopping through the Chase Rewards Plus program.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Psychic - right. You stop earning regular rewards and then just earn whatever the bonus rewards are from shopping online. The Citi program is the same way after you reach their annual cap on regular rewards.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.