cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Card

tag
adwhit1

Chase Freedom Card

Hey does any one have any information on the Chase Freedom Card? I got a pre-approval from them, and wanted to get some information from other consumers who physically have the card before I waste a pull. Pros, Cons, and everything in between.

Airborne All the Way!!!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Card

If you are active duty you should pursue a Navy Federal membership

Message 2 of 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

@adwhit1 wrote:

Hey does any one have any information on the Chase Freedom Card? I got a pre-approval from them, and wanted to get some information from other consumers who physically have the card before I waste a pull. Pros, Cons, and everything in between.

I have a freedom and i like it. $100 cash back on 800 spend in first 3 months. 5% on select categories (revolving). No AF.

I like it.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 3 of 6
adwhit1

I'm on top of that. I've been a loyal NFCU member for 3yrs now. They are very good to me being that they are still my "other" bank...USAA is my primary institution. I was just asking because of the pre approval. I don't think I'm going to apply anyway, I'm looking to purchase my first home once I get back to Ft. Bragg. AIRBORNE!!!!!

Airborne All the Way!!!!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@adwhit1 wrote:

I'm on top of that. I've been a loyal NFCU member for 3yrs now. They are very good to me being that they are still my "other" bank...USAA is my primary institution. I was just asking because of the pre approval. I don't think I'm going to apply anyway, I'm looking to purchase my first home once I get back to Ft. Bragg. AIRBORNE!!!!!

FYI:

NFCU is much more willing to extend credit then USAA, they are less strict and are also more friendly I feel. If NFCU offered deposit at home they would be my main bank and USAA my secondary. The only reason USAA should be a contender is if you use them for more insurance products then Auto and plan on building on a long term relationship with the subscriber benefit.

NFCU offers a GEICO discount that has for many people been cheaper then USAA auto policies.

The Chase card is not a bad deal, but an unnecessary inquiry before a home purchase is a bad idea.

BTW: NFCU trends to be friendlier to Domestic partners (Straight and gay) and other unconventional relationships, where USAA is decidely unfriendly.

Message 5 of 6
Gabo
Valued Member

Check your credit report, check the last time chase soft pull your report it nothing change on your credit report since, you most likely to get approve.

Former Chase employee in Arizona now BofA

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.