adwhit1

Chase Freedom Card

Hey does any one have any information on the Chase Freedom Card? I got a pre-approval from them, and wanted to get some information from other consumers who physically have the card before I waste a pull. Pros, Cons, and everything in between.

Airborne All the Way!!!!
Valued Contributor
usmc58555

Re: Chase Freedom Card

If you are active duty you should pursue a Navy Federal membership

Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
Valued Contributor
vish1

adwhit1 wrote:

Hey does any one have any information on the Chase Freedom Card? I got a pre-approval from them, and wanted to get some information from other consumers who physically have the card before I waste a pull. Pros, Cons, and everything in between.

I have a freedom and i like it. $100 cash back on 800 spend in first 3 months. 5% on select categories (revolving). No AF.

I like it.

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
adwhit1

I'm on top of that. I've been a loyal NFCU member for 3yrs now. They are very good to me being that they are still my "other" bank...USAA is my primary institution. I was just asking because of the pre approval. I don't think I'm going to apply anyway, I'm looking to purchase my first home once I get back to Ft. Bragg. AIRBORNE!!!!!

Airborne All the Way!!!!
Valued Contributor
usmc58555

adwhit1 wrote:

I'm on top of that. I've been a loyal NFCU member for 3yrs now. They are very good to me being that they are still my "other" bank...USAA is my primary institution. I was just asking because of the pre approval. I don't think I'm going to apply anyway, I'm looking to purchase my first home once I get back to Ft. Bragg. AIRBORNE!!!!!

FYI:

NFCU is much more willing to extend credit then USAA, they are less strict and are also more friendly I feel. If NFCU offered deposit at home they would be my main bank and USAA my secondary. The only reason USAA should be a contender is if you use them for more insurance products then Auto and plan on building on a long term relationship with the subscriber benefit.

NFCU offers a GEICO discount that has for many people been cheaper then USAA auto policies.

The Chase card is not a bad deal, but an unnecessary inquiry before a home purchase is a bad idea.

BTW: NFCU trends to be friendlier to Domestic partners (Straight and gay) and other unconventional relationships, where USAA is decidely unfriendly.

Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
Valued Member
Gabo

Check your credit report, check the last time chase soft pull your report it nothing change on your credit report since, you most likely to get approve.

Former Chase employee in Arizona now BofA

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}