Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Catagories 2014 - Bleh

tag
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Re: 2014 Chase Freedom 5% Categories

Thank you.

I'll give it a shot. May have waited too long though.

Message 41 of 45
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@CenturyChild wrote:

Thank you.

I'll give it a shot. May have waited too long though.

Chase has been knows to do it up to 90 days ago, DW got hers changed and she was approved 10/27

Message 42 of 45
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Chase has great Customer Service.

They changed it for me and it was a quick response to boot.

Message 43 of 45
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Catagories 2014 - Bleh

@longtimelurker wrote:

@leoment wrote:

This looks good to me - I will switch over from using my BCP/BP offer to using my Freedom card for gas..

Not sure yet about the restaurants - I can use my Freedom, or just keep using my Forward until they nerf it.. decisions, decisions

Forward vs Freedom:  Do you think you will some time get the CSP (or Ink) and be able to transfer points?  5 UR is more valuable than 5 TYP if you do transfer.   And even for cash back, you can get a statement credit from UR at 1:1 easily, whereas TYP makes it hard to get cash back.

Late response here!

I don't think I'll be app'ing for the CSP anytime soon.  I cancelled my PRG because I wasn't putting enough spend through it, and I think I'd end up with the same scenario with the CSP, unfortunately.  Same applies for the Ink (+ I don't have a business to qualify for it).  I recently cashed out 50k TYP towards student loans, so I think I'll go that route for every $50 until they change the redemptions.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 44 of 45
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Catagories 2014 - Bleh

@leoment wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@leoment wrote:

This looks good to me - I will switch over from using my BCP/BP offer to using my Freedom card for gas..

Not sure yet about the restaurants - I can use my Freedom, or just keep using my Forward until they nerf it.. decisions, decisions

Forward vs Freedom:  Do you think you will some time get the CSP (or Ink) and be able to transfer points?  5 UR is more valuable than 5 TYP if you do transfer.   And even for cash back, you can get a statement credit from UR at 1:1 easily, whereas TYP makes it hard to get cash back.

Late response here!

I don't think I'll be app'ing for the CSP anytime soon.  I cancelled my PRG because I wasn't putting enough spend through it, and I think I'd end up with the same scenario with the CSP, unfortunately.  Same applies for the Ink (+ I don't have a business to qualify for it).  I recently cashed out 50k TYP towards student loans, so I think I'll go that route for every $50 until they change the redemptions.

Right, if you haven't been doing things Citi doesn't like (manufactured spend) then mortgage and student loan redemptions are the best way to go, 1:1 and no hidden charges.  (People who have been doing M.S. avoid those redemptions because it involves talking to someone who might look at the account.  Coincidence or otherwise, a lot of people shut down in the summer had asked for these redemptions shortly before being shut down).

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.