Chase Freedom Credit Limit Increase Question

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Credit Limit Increase Question

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@newhis wrote:

I read a couple of posts from people that sent a secured message asking for CLI without HP and were able to get some luv from Chase.

That is what I tried and clearly mentioned not to do anything if it would require a HP. Ended up with double pull on EX / EQ and got 500$ .... caution here Smiley Wink

Call Chase and dispute it. 2 pulls for a CLI is idiotic.

It was last year and believe me I gave Chase a hard time for not reading my SM but only my title of the SM .. they removed the HPs on EX and EQ and reversed the 500$ CLI on Freedom and me I had nothing better to do than to add them right away by apping for the Marriott card where I got 16K. Immediately moved 1K over to Freedom and these two pulls were well worth it. Anything with Chase for me ends up with double pulls... that's life but on the bright side I have no use for EQ anyhow..nobody pulls EQ for me. So my EX and EQ are nicely leveled out ..lol

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a freedom that I initially had a $1k limit on. A few months ago they gave me an auto CLI to $2k, but just this week I bit the bullet and called for a CLI. They did a HP and bumped me to $5k, so I called their EO and worked with a really nice rep, and after 2 days she was able to bump me up to $10k. Backdoor numbers and EO has worked for me so far. Now just waiting on the PC to visa sig.
Message 12 of 20
Yankeefan
Valued Member

How do you your card, and what does the rest of your profile / cc use look like? I 'hear' chase doesn't auto cli but I've received a few in the 3 or so years I've had the card. One was a 1500 jump, and the second actually came after chase mailed me correspondence asking me if I wanted a cli and how much. That lead to a $5k cli, and neither required a HP. Call and ask what they can do, and use the card, that's my .02.

E

Message 13 of 20
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

I had to take hp for my freedom CLI, but them bumped me from 7k to almost 29k

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I just got approved for the Chase Freedom with only a $800 limit! Should I call and request a higher limit? Or should I wait? Doy ou recommend me applying for a different card with them and seeing if I get approved?

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

CaliMel, I tried doing that over secure message.  I argued that they may have taken into accout the super high utilization being reported on my AU cards at the time.  I got a double hard pull and a denial.  If you get a low starting limit with Chase, they probably have their own reasons and it's quite likely that they won't budge.  Of course, everyone has unique credit profiles.  If I could go back in time, I'd tell myself "don't push your luck."

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I just got approved for the Chase Freedom with only a $800 limit! Should I call and request a higher limit? Or should I wait? Doy ou recommend me applying for a different card with them and seeing if I get approved?

Chase generally goes by internal scores. Have you had dealings with them before? The scores in your sig are nice, but there's also income, util, AAoA,  etc. Any idea why they wouldn't have given you more? What other CLs do you have?

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a checking and a savings with them that have more than $1,000 at all times, and I had $10,000 in my savings with Chase up until October. I opened my accounts with them in June of last year. I am an authorized user of my Fiance's Southwest Chase card, and it has a $21,000 limit. My cards I have gotten on my own have $1,400 limits or more, which include, Amazon, Pier One, VS, and Capital One (Secured Card). Do you think if I call them and ask for an increase, they will give it? Im stuck. I am getting married in 5 months and would really like a higher limit so my credit utilization isnt so high. 

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they ever do an auto CLI? from the looks of it.. people are getting stuck with their low CL..

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did an application for the freedom today,

I checked the preapproval site first.

Freedom and Stale was avalible.

I wanted rewards, because I dont have any balances on my other cards to transfer(except the montly usage of like $600)

So i went ahead and applied online.

Did not get approved right away, got the message with ref number and a phone number.

Called and talked to a guy(Quickest phone response ever from a bank,and no robot system) A+ for that.

He asked a couple questions, and said he needs 3-5 minutes to get an answear.

He came back 20 seconds later, and said good news, i was approved with a CLI of $2200.

All my other cards are lower than that.( BofA Rewards $1000,  CapOne Platinum Mastercard $1500, StateFarmBank Credit Builder $1000)

This is all I have, and my AAoA is only 6 months on the 3 cards I have. They are 9 ,6 and 4 months old. I have a car loan for 12k with StateFarmBAnk(2 payments so far).

Never had any connection with Chase,and I only have a BofA and StateFarmBank checking account.

My util is around 15%. Income is around 33k.

I moved to the US 15 months ago so no long history.

My scores are between 650-675.Dont know what they pulled, my TU at CapOne does not show any activity(It does show everything else from the past, with a total of 11 pulls on my file)5 for the car loan, 6 for creditcards.

Was  little suprised, because the front page says 720+ for the freedom.

Waiting for the welcome kit now!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.