Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Credit Limit Increase Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Credit Limit Increase Question

Hi guys. I've been a long time lurker here. Finally joined to ask a question. 

I have had my Chase Freedom Card for over 3 years, almost 4 come June. I have never had a credit line increase from Chase it's still at $4000 which was my original limit. 

Currently I have Chase Premier Plus Checking from Chase and a Chase Plus Savings Account. I usually run up the Freedom card every month and cut it before it goes to statement. Usually have no more than $500 when it goes to statement. 

The card I have now is old and expires in June of this year. It almost seems like Chase has forgotten me. I've been a solid customer since the Wamu days and I noticed s lot of people I know with the freedom card have been getting emails for credit line increases. 

My credit is in the upper 700's almost breaking the 800 barrier. this is the lowest limit I have on card. 

Any my advice on how to get some love from Chase, because it seems like I'm flying under the radar right now. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Credit Limit Increase Question

Open a CSP and transfer the limit to your Freedom. OR Call and explain your situation, ask if a soft pull CLI is available.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forums. Chase is known for not giving auto CLI to most customers and require a HP upon request. Call and see if Chase has any SP CLI available on your account. Most members report even with HP they get a low CLI. 

Message 3 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the forum

Is there another Chase card that you would be interested in?  If so I would apply for that one and move part of the CL over to Freedom. As strange as it sounds I tried to do a CLI on Freedom and would have gotten 500$ with a double pull. So I decided to test my luck and apply for a new card and got 16K 😳 on the Marriott card and immediately transferred 1K to Freedom. But if you do not really need a new card and after you have checked that there is no SP CLI available I would go for a HP and request that CLI. As a longtime Chase customer the results are certainly better than for me. I had the card only 6 months when I tried. 

Good luck and let us know how it goes 😀

Message 4 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the Info.

Message 5 of 20
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to the forums. Chase is known for not giving auto CLI to most customers and require a HP upon request. Call and see if Chase has any SP CLI available on your account. Most members report even with HP they get a low CLI. 

Actually, they are being generous on the hp cli's, IF your profile warrants it.  They take into account income and total credit exposure (so I hit them up before the 10k flexible spending limit Barclays reported).  But they are getting some balance transfer love, having no problems so far.  I shoulda asked for 5k and visa sig, but not sure if keeping this card.  Have my eye on the Ink Cash, and need some limit to transfer over (May close amazon, transfer limit to freedom).

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 20
newhis
Valued Contributor

I read a couple of posts from people that sent a secured message asking for CLI without HP and were able to get some luv from Chase.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Somewhat similar situation, had a Freedom with a $300 limit for 4 years. Found this forum and decided to ask for a CLI via customer service. Called and asked for new limit of $1000 and was denied after a HP. Called the backdoor number after getting the denial letter and was approved. YMMV.

Message 8 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@newhis wrote:

I read a couple of posts from people that sent a secured message asking for CLI without HP and were able to get some luv from Chase.

That is what I tried and clearly mentioned not to do anything if it would require a HP. Ended up with double pull on EX / EQ and got 500$ .... caution here Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 20
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@newhis wrote:

That is what I tried and clearly mentioned not to do anything if it would require a HP. Ended up with double pull on EX / EQ and got 500$ .... caution here Smiley Wink

Call Chase and dispute it. 2 pulls for a CLI is idiotic.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.