Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Dened

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Dened

abundancejones wrote:

Cap 1 will give you a regular card...Quicksilver One. HOWEVER, you may be stuck with a low limit..which can set a bad precedent for other issuers. Amex has a tendency to match the average of your limits when you have nothing but AU accounts on your file. If you have AU accounts over 10 years old, there is a very big chance you will get a nice limit. 

A quick look at Cap1 Quicksilver shows it's a Visa for people with excellent credit. Yeah, I have great credit but it's as an AU. I can still qualify?  But you're saying it will keep me at a low limit? Even if my limits on my AU accounts are high? Which Amex are you referring to? Thx

Message 21 of 35
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Cap one regular. I also think Discover would aprove you.

Message 22 of 35
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a Chase Freedom credit card and was denied for lack of a credit history, according to Chase. My credit score on the denial letter says 799, which I assume must be very good.  I am listed as an authorized user on mhy spouse's credit history though I was just approved as a joint user on an AMEX card. I have been a Chase customer for a long time and have considerable assets in my accounts with them. I also have a good paying job. I could start out with a secured credit card but I have that great credit score, I have no debts or BK. Do I have a shot at appealing Chase's decision?

Call here: Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

Smiley Happy Good luck!

Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Juss11 wrote:

Cap one regular. I also think Discover would aprove you.

Are these cards locked in with low CLs? 

Message 24 of 35
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@abundancejones wrote:

Cap 1 will give you a regular card...Quicksilver One. HOWEVER, you may be stuck with a low limit..which can set a bad precedent for other issuers. Amex has a tendency to match the average of your limits when you have nothing but AU accounts on your file. If you have AU accounts over 10 years old, there is a very big chance you will get a nice limit. 

A quick look at Cap1 Quicksilver shows it's a Visa for people with excellent credit. Yeah, I have great credit but it's as an AU. I can still qualify?  But you're saying it will keep me at a low limit? Even if my limits on my AU accounts are high? Which Amex are you referring to? Thx

Many people with just AU accounts score Quicksilver One cards (Not Quicksilver which is for people with excellent credit). However, they cut stuck with low limits. If you apply for other cards down the line, they will tend to match those low limits. 

I've had a sister with just AU accounts get approved for Delta Gold Amex with a 20K limit; her AU cards had an average limit of 20k...so Amex likes these type of thin files so that they can have lifelong customers. 

Message 25 of 35
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

discover  gives ok limits. When I was rebuilding and my score were like 650s or so, they gave me $1500. Cap one was my first card when my credit was bad, and I mean bad! I started with $300 and its only ever went to 1k. Now I have been working on my friends credit. He has a medical collection for $1600 an I added him to my Amex & Cap one cards. He was aprved a ew days ago for $500 with cap one. Not great, but he was doing back flips when he was approved. He just wanted a card  to rent car with etc. Even if you dont get more than say $500, its a good way to build your own credit. I still think you have a good shot at the chase card if you call.

Message 26 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@abundancejones wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@abundancejones wrote:

Many people with just AU accounts score Quicksilver One cards (Not Quicksilver which is for people with excellent credit). However, they cut stuck with low limits. If you apply for other cards down the line, they will tend to match those low limits. 

I've had a sister with just AU accounts get approved for Delta Gold Amex with a 20K limit; her AU cards had an average limit of 20k...so Amex likes these type of thin files so that they can have lifelong customers.

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@abundancejones wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@abundancejones wrote:

Apparently I don't qualify for Cap1 Quicksilver1 till I have a cc in my name for awhile, not as an AU according to their reps. Not thrilled about Delta Gold's annual fee of $95 plus the requirements look as tough or tougher than  Chase Freedom.. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Message 28 of 35
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Hark wrote:

abundancejones wrote:

Hark wrote:

abundancejones wrote:

Apparently I don't qualify for Cap1 Quicksilver1 till I have a cc in my name for awhile, not as an AU according to their reps. Not thrilled about Delta Gold's annual fee of $95 plus the requirements look as tough or tougher than  Chase Freedom.. Any other suggestions? Thanks

It would be best to start your own thread as to not hijack this one and that responses are tailored for your concerns.

Message 29 of 35
RBFool
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@abundancejones wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@abundancejones wrote:

I'd start with the QS MC that has the annual fee. It's a small fee and you would have a card with pretty good rewards.

Maybe get a BoA secured card (just to start) or try apping there normally and they could counter with secured.

If I were you I would try the shopping card trick as well to get multiple lines started.

BK 7 Dismissed: 5/2014 AAoA: 6 years Credit Scores (07-02-2015): My Privacy Matters: TU: 633 EX:658 EQ: 651
How to add pics to Signature

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.