Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Dened

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@abundancejones wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@abundancejones wrote:

Cap 1 will give you a regular card...Quicksilver One. HOWEVER, you may be stuck with a low limit..which can set a bad precedent for other issuers. Amex has a tendency to match the average of your limits when you have nothing but AU accounts on your file. If you have AU accounts over 10 years old, there is a very big chance you will get a nice limit. 

A quick look at Cap1 Quicksilver shows it's a Visa for people with excellent credit. Yeah, I have great credit but it's as an AU. I can still qualify?  But you're saying it will keep me at a low limit? Even if my limits on my AU accounts are high? Which Amex are you referring to? Thx

Many people with just AU accounts score Quicksilver One cards (Not Quicksilver which is for people with excellent credit). However, they cut stuck with low limits. If you apply for other cards down the line, they will tend to match those low limits. 

I've had a sister with just AU accounts get approved for Delta Gold Amex with a 20K limit; her AU cards had an average limit of 20k...so Amex likes these type of thin files so that they can have lifelong customers. 

Apparently I don't qualify for Cap1 Quicksilver1 till I have a cc in my name for awhile, not as an AU according to their reps. Not thrilled about Delta Gold's annual fee of $95 plus the requirements look as tough or tougher than  Chase Freedom.. Any other suggestions? Thanks

It would be best to start your own thread as to not hijack this one and that responses are tailored for your concerns.

My intent was not to hijack this thread. I apologize. I am new to this forum. Sorry.

Message 32 of 35
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

Are CaseyDee and Hark the same posters? I'm a little confused. 

Anyway, the Capital One reps don't know anything, so I don't know why you are asking them for advice. Just search the forum to see that many people with thin files or no credit at all get approved for the Quicksilver One card. 

You can try Barclays, but you will probably get denied intially and have to call the backdoor number for a reconsideration. Might start you at a limit around 2k. Any other thing is a gamble...uncless you go the credit union route. 

Message 33 of 35
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Im confused also. Caseydee this is your thread. I got you two mixed up I guess?

Message 34 of 35
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@abundancejones wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@abundancejones wrote:

Cap 1 will give you a regular card...Quicksilver One. HOWEVER, you may be stuck with a low limit..which can set a bad precedent for other issuers. Amex has a tendency to match the average of your limits when you have nothing but AU accounts on your file. If you have AU accounts over 10 years old, there is a very big chance you will get a nice limit. 

A quick look at Cap1 Quicksilver shows it's a Visa for people with excellent credit. Yeah, I have great credit but it's as an AU. I can still qualify?  But you're saying it will keep me at a low limit? Even if my limits on my AU accounts are high? Which Amex are you referring to? Thx

Many people with just AU accounts score Quicksilver One cards (Not Quicksilver which is for people with excellent credit). However, they cut stuck with low limits. If you apply for other cards down the line, they will tend to match those low limits. 

I've had a sister with just AU accounts get approved for Delta Gold Amex with a 20K limit; her AU cards had an average limit of 20k...so Amex likes these type of thin files so that they can have lifelong customers. 

Apparently I don't qualify for Cap1 Quicksilver1 till I have a cc in my name for awhile, not as an AU according to their reps. Not thrilled about Delta Gold's annual fee of $95 plus the requirements look as tough or tougher than  Chase Freedom.. Any other suggestions? Thanks

It would be best to start your own thread as to not hijack this one and that responses are tailored for your concerns.

My intent was not to hijack this thread. I apologize. I am new to this forum. Sorry.

My post was not addressed to you, the OP. It was addressed to Hark whom I quoted in my response. 

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.