Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Denied Amex Approved

tag
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Denied Amex Approved

Yes, I am very happy with the Amex Costco True Earnings as they gave me a CL of $10,000 on that card.

Far more than any other card I have.

Amex only gave me $1,000 on the BCE 

But hey it is a long way from my original Cap 1 secured card.

I would like a Chase Freedom Visa though as not everyone takes American Express.

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 11 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Mustangfrank wrote:

I am wondering if i should call the recon number again (888-245-0625) and see if I get different results.

My denial letter is on its way.

I could wait for it to arrive and then try to plead my case.

I would, ASAP. Good luck!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 30
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

The woman who I spoke to on my first Recon call was very nice and very helpful.

The interview was going well and I thought she was going to approve me for a Freedom card but  after she went through my file

she said eight months (8) just was not enough credit history.

I figure i will wait a day and try another Recon Call and hope for a different Chase CSR with better results.

Discover More $750 11/12
Message 13 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Mustangfrank wrote:

The woman who I spoke to on my first Recon call was very nice and very helpful.

The interview was going well and I thought she was going to approve me for a Freedom card but  after she went through my file

she said eight months (8) just was not enough credit history.

I figure i will wait a day and try another Recon Call and hope for a different Chase CSR with better results.

Why wait, try it now. They might be able to get you in with $500 CL.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I do have a Chase Freedom with a $5k limit...nananananaaa!Haha! Yeah, call the recon line...
Dang! I've never had a mortgage, nor do I particilarly want one... As the word goes.. My generation is gonna have a helluva time trying to pay our student loans back; I personally have $30k ... Not too bad I suppose :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Mustangfrank: question though, by owning a home, do you mean that you have 15 or 30 years of installment credit history? That's what I interpreted. If so, I'd recon again... Chase seems to deny ppl with limited revolving history but extensive installment loan history... Very weird.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 30
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

I think you are doing great.

I wish I had a clue about intellegent use of credit when I was in college as life would have been much easier.

I had lots of credit in the 80's and then after mismanaging my credit  I paid off all my cards and lived my life only paying in full

for eveverything.

Now I am starting over.

Discover More $750 11/12
Message 17 of 30
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

Mustangfrank: question though, by owning a home, do you mean that you have 15 or 30 years of installment credit history? That's what I interpreted. If so, I'd recon again... Chase seems to deny ppl with limited revolving history but extensive installment loan history... Very weird.

I was fortunate enough to inherit my Parents modest house and never had a mortgage.

The only reason I applied for the Chase Freedom Card  when I did was the fact that I was opening a Checking account in the Bank Branch

and the Chase Banking Rep asked if I wanted to apply. He thought that I would have no problem being Approved.

I really should have waited till the Amex cards had some history behind them.

I am going to call the Recon number a couple of more times and see if I can get a card with a small credit limit.

Discover More $750 11/12
Message 18 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Your aaoa should be much higher then 8 months in that case. I think mine is around three years, and all the credit sites still say it's too short . Lol must feel good to have an Amex that will say 'member since 1983' assuming it gets backdated. I do have credit card debt, but most of it is at 0%, and I ALWAYS pay them, even if my life gets hectic with school and partying. I just saw how bad my mom's credit got even when she had plenty of money to pay her bills, she just didn't care. Bad credit can haunt you for a lifetime! Phewww no thanks! Lol. 
Message 19 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh nvm about the aaoa! BUT on the recon call, mention that you own your home! That makes you a better credit risk in any event. Btw, took me two recon calls to get approved. Initially they denied me due to high utilization on ONE card even though my overall util was like 15% (now it's down to 13%). Hope you get it! Too bad you didn't do it sooner! 5% cashback on gas/restaurants ends 9-30-12!
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.