@BKFireFly wrote:

Here are my stats let me know what you guys think:

Annual 50K

Car Note: $ 400

Experian score 654 dropped from 664 other day

Revolving debt: $ 4.5 K/10.5 K

Student loans in deferrment until 2016

No recent lates , judgements, or  collections

Also, some key points that you may want to consider (if asked by the analyst/underwriter), and as mentioned above, by enharu and 09Lexie regarding the validity/disputing some of those items and your current utilization.

Message 31 of 46
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Denied for"Too many recent Inquiries"..Need Help

My earlier inq were just for other cards & click. Most inquiry resulted on a new account. Tot inquiry 20 (including chase), six aging of this year. About 7 for the car.

My disputes are for legitimate reasons, just getting macys to budge is difficult.  Hofstra is a student loan that was not properly updated or reported.   I can say if approved I will garden for a year. :-)  

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 32 of 46
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Wow! Imidisputing util. That alone may be a factor on your profile. Also, high util is keeping your score down.

Did I understand that your lates with Chase were rolling lates?

...'while it may seem I did not pay I paid late each month so it seems as though it was on-going non-payment-not to mention their were major layoffs within my family and I had to pick up the slack'

I am not disputing inq,  it's the lates I am working on.  I know my util is high,  I recently made some big purchases, and am paying them down because I got a no interest promo,  and since my limits are fairly low any activity really makes an impact on my utility.  

I am not really sure what a rolling late is? 

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 33 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Similar to an interview, preparation is key.  We certainly hope for the best outcome when you contact them.  Keep us posted and good luck!

Message 34 of 46
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for taking the time.  It's appreciated.  Gn. 

Message 35 of 46
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

A rolling late is When you miss a payment by thirty days and do not make it up the next month by making a double payment you will have a rolling 30 day late payment showing on your payment history.

Good luck.
Message 36 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@BKFireFly wrote:

Wow! Imidisputing util. That alone may be a factor on your profile. Also, high util is keeping your score down.

Did I understand that your lates with Chase were rolling lates?

...'while it may seem I did not pay I paid late each month so it seems as though it was on-going non-payment-not to mention their were major layoffs within my family and I had to pick up the slack'

I am not disputing inq,  it's the lates I am working on.  I know my util is high,  I recently made some big purchases, and am paying them down because I got a no interest promo,  and since my limits are fairly low any activity really makes an impact on my utility.  

I am not really sure what a rolling late is? 

The term usually refers to whenever a balance is in default and payments are continuously being made past the due date, as they do not get allocated to the previous statement cycle.  Essentially "rolling late" to the next month(s) continuously until future (or larger) payments correct the past due conditions of the outstanding balance.

Message 37 of 46
enharu
Super Contributor

best of luck keep us updated!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 38 of 46
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Denied for"Too many recent Inquiries"..Need Help...Update

Good morning:

Tried for the recon this morning denied for util. Rep told me to get the balances done and try again in a couple months.

Shoudld I recon again. She never brought up my old card, just my balances. I told her recently made big purchases and some cards the payments didnt cycle yet.
She seemed nice at first but then she just became really kind of snippy, one I gave her my reference number.
 she didn't ask me any qestions about why or wanted the card or nothing, and barely gave me a chance to speak.

What do you guys think.

Message 39 of 46
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

There was one poster here that stated that they received the card on 3rd recon. I was approved for the Chase Freedom on first recon, and the analyst stated I was denied due to BK and high utilization (at the time I applied, I had 28% UTIL). I told her that I PIF every month and that the balances reflect charges made after I Pif'ed 5-6 days ago. They said that they had no way of knowing that. But after explaining why I filed BK and how I reestablished my credit and finances to protect against another BK in the future, I was approved.

So it never hurts to recon again. The worst they can tell you is no, but just realize that your chances of approval are diminishing, unfortunately.

Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.