cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Denied!

Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom Denied!

I put in a application couple nights ago and got the 7-10 days further review status. I called the next day and they told me to wait 7-10 days. So, today I finally got the correct backdoor number. (Tip: Always call recon # and not appstatus #) The first lady pick up, sounds like a half dead person and told me it was denied. So, I called back later and got a really nice dude who did a further review on my application. The only problem was that my credit history was too short. (10 months) He also did a really good job at explaining reasons why they couldn't approve it even when I got approved for Amex and discover this month. But, just to give everyone a heads up before applying for a chase freedom card, they are looking for at least 1&1/2 year of credit history or if you have a bank account with them for a long time that has direct deposit transaction weekly/biweekly/monthly or some sort of stable deposit. 

 

Guess I'm done applying for cards this year. Time to start gardening, and hopefully in two years when I turn 21, I'll get approve for Amex BCE or Amex BCP.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Denied!

Sorry to hear that. But it varies for people because i was instantly approved for the freedom by only having 8 months of credit history. Before so i had only a WF secured and a capone secured.
Gardening Since: March 4, 2013.
In My Wallet: Chase: Freedom Visa Signature | Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard. |
Message 2 of 13
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Denied!


CredittotheMax wrote:

I put in a application couple nights ago and got the 7-10 days further review status. I called the next day and they told me to wait 7-10 days. So, today I finally got the correct backdoor number. (Tip: Always call recon # and not appstatus #) The first lady pick up, sounds like a half dead person and told me it was denied. So, I called back later and got a really nice dude who did a further review on my application. The only problem was that my credit history was too short. (10 months) He also did a really good job at explaining reasons why they couldn't approve it even when I got approved for Amex and discover this month. But, just to give everyone a heads up before applying for a chase freedom card, they are looking for at least 1&1/2 year of credit history or if you have a bank account with them for a long time that has direct deposit transaction weekly/biweekly/monthly or some sort of stable deposit. 

 

Guess I'm done applying for cards this year. Time to start gardening, and hopefully in two years when I turn 21, I'll get approve for Amex BCE or Amex BCP.


You have a great set of cards, use them well for the next year and you will be in a great position to apply for new cards 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Denied!


ryanbush wrote:

CredittotheMax wrote:

I put in a application couple nights ago and got the 7-10 days further review status. I called the next day and they told me to wait 7-10 days. So, today I finally got the correct backdoor number. (Tip: Always call recon # and not appstatus #) The first lady pick up, sounds like a half dead person and told me it was denied. So, I called back later and got a really nice dude who did a further review on my application. The only problem was that my credit history was too short. (10 months) He also did a really good job at explaining reasons why they couldn't approve it even when I got approved for Amex and discover this month. But, just to give everyone a heads up before applying for a chase freedom card, they are looking for at least 1&1/2 year of credit history or if you have a bank account with them for a long time that has direct deposit transaction weekly/biweekly/monthly or some sort of stable deposit. 

 

Guess I'm done applying for cards this year. Time to start gardening, and hopefully in two years when I turn 21, I'll get approve for Amex BCE or Amex BCP.


You have a great set of cards, use them well for the next year and you will be in a great position to apply for new cards 


Thanks, I'm actually really happy with the cards I have right now, I was pretty surprised when I got approved for the Amex. Especially, with my low income as a full time student.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 4 of 13
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Denied!

I have the AMEX Green also, it gets a lot of critism around here but I think the benefit of having the NPSL to be worth the AF...  that's just me though

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 5 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Denied!


ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
Sorry to hear that. But it varies for people because i was instantly approved for the freedom by only having 8 months of credit history. Before so i had only a WF secured and a capone secured.

I figured it varies, but the guy told me if I had a year and half credit history I would definitly get approved, so it's probably gives a better chance. Also, I forgot to mention I'm a fulltime student with low income.

 

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 6 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Denied!

For a full time student and for someone not yet 21, you have a really nice set of cards that you can be proud of.  I'd say in another 6 months or so you'll be a shoo-in for a Freedom. Very best of luck!

Message 7 of 13
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Freedom Denied!

Message 8 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Denied!

ObeyJohnny, what was your credit scores like when you applied for Freedom?

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 9 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Denied!

I'm probably gonna wait a year or so. I kind of knew i was gonna get denied because of lack of history, but might as well apply since I'm gonna wait a year or 2, so by then, all my inquires are gonna drop anyways.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 10 of 13