Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax

Chase Freedom Denied!

I put in a application couple nights ago and got the 7-10 days further review status. I called the next day and they told me to wait 7-10 days. So, today I finally got the correct backdoor number. (Tip: Always call recon # and not appstatus #) The first lady pick up, sounds like a half dead person and told me it was denied. So, I called back later and got a really nice dude who did a further review on my application. The only problem was that my credit history was too short. (10 months) He also did a really good job at explaining reasons why they couldn't approve it even when I got approved for Amex and discover this month. But, just to give everyone a heads up before applying for a chase freedom card, they are looking for at least 1&1/2 year of credit history or if you have a bank account with them for a long time that has direct deposit transaction weekly/biweekly/monthly or some sort of stable deposit. 

Guess I'm done applying for cards this year. Time to start gardening, and hopefully in two years when I turn 21, I'll get approve for Amex BCE or Amex BCP.

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

FICO = EQ: 729 (6/13) TU:744 (12/27) EX: ?
Established Contributor
ObeyJohnny12

Re: Chase Freedom Denied!

Sorry to hear that. But it varies for people because i was instantly approved for the freedom by only having 8 months of credit history. Before so i had only a WF secured and a capone secured.
Gardening Since: March 4, 2013.
In My Wallet: Chase: Freedom Visa Signature | Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard. |
Valued Contributor
ryanbush

CredittotheMax wrote:

I put in a application couple nights ago and got the 7-10 days further review status. I called the next day and they told me to wait 7-10 days. So, today I finally got the correct backdoor number. (Tip: Always call recon # and not appstatus #) The first lady pick up, sounds like a half dead person and told me it was denied. So, I called back later and got a really nice dude who did a further review on my application. The only problem was that my credit history was too short. (10 months) He also did a really good job at explaining reasons why they couldn't approve it even when I got approved for Amex and discover this month. But, just to give everyone a heads up before applying for a chase freedom card, they are looking for at least 1&1/2 year of credit history or if you have a bank account with them for a long time that has direct deposit transaction weekly/biweekly/monthly or some sort of stable deposit. 

Guess I'm done applying for cards this year. Time to start gardening, and hopefully in two years when I turn 21, I'll get approve for Amex BCE or Amex BCP.

You have a great set of cards, use them well for the next year and you will be in a great position to apply for new cards 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax

ryanbush wrote:

CredittotheMax wrote:

You have a great set of cards, use them well for the next year and you will be in a great position to apply for new cards 

Thanks, I'm actually really happy with the cards I have right now, I was pretty surprised when I got approved for the Amex. Especially, with my low income as a full time student.

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

Valued Contributor
ryanbush

I have the AMEX Green also, it gets a lot of critism around here but I think the benefit of having the NPSL to be worth the AF...  that's just me though

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax

ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
Sorry to hear that. But it varies for people because i was instantly approved for the freedom by only having 8 months of credit history. Before so i had only a WF secured and a capone secured.

I figured it varies, but the guy told me if I had a year and half credit history I would definitly get approved, so it's probably gives a better chance. Also, I forgot to mention I'm a fulltime student with low income.

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

Frequent Contributor
koalablue

For a full time student and for someone not yet 21, you have a really nice set of cards that you can be proud of.  I'd say in another 6 months or so you'll be a shoo-in for a Freedom. Very best of luck!

09Lexie

Established Contributor
eviLution

ObeyJohnny, what was your credit scores like when you applied for Freedom?

Current Score: DCU EQ 714 - EX+ 746 - WM TU 746
Goal Score: 750+

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 6000 - Chase Freedom: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax

I'm probably gonna wait a year or so. I kind of knew i was gonna get denied because of lack of history, but might as well apply since I'm gonna wait a year or 2, so by then, all my inquires are gonna drop anyways.

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+