Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom EMV Chip

tag
39Xelor
Established Member

Chase Freedom EMV Chip

So, my boss at work saw that I had a CSP.. asked about it and said he was going to call and see if he could product change his freedom card to a CSP... they told him he couldnt do it without a hard pull so he said never mind.. They asked him why he wanted to PC to the CSP and he said for the EMV chip.. he then said the rep told him they could send him out a new Freedom with a EMV chip and that he would receive it in about a week.. Sure enough, he received a new Chase Freedom card with an EMV in it! So, of course i sent chase an email asking for one (I have a freedom too) and was told that unfortunetly they do not offer an EMV chip for the Freedom card.. *womp* *womp*.. They said they can offer me an invite to apply for one of their other cards that does have an EMV chip though.. Its weird that they offer it to some but not to others.. hopefully the freedom will come standard with the EMV soon!

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
TeamPunishment
New Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom EMV Chip

Ah! Yes, I recieved the same problem. Call the CSR and ask again, if they do not allow it ask to speak to a supervisor. I said I was traveling to Europe so it was of urgent need. If all else fails, contact the chase card services executive office. See my post a few notches down.

AMEX BCE 7.8K | CHASE FREEDOM 6K | CSP 5K | DISCOVER IT 5K | BOFA PRIVILEGES 5K | CITI DIVIDEND 4.5K | CAPITAL ONE QS 4K | BARCLAY ARRIVAL 3K | AMEX EVERYDAY 2.2K | AMEX BC 2K |CAPITAL ONE QS 2K

+Multiple Other Cards
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.