Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom HP or SP

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom HP or SP

@radiomando wrote:

as a new chase freedom cardholder, i was just notified that customer-initiated CLI will be HP.

How new?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called and she said a credit inquiry would be necessary so I declined the CLI.

Message 12 of 36
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@radiomando wrote:

as a new chase freedom cardholder, i was just notified that customer-initiated CLI will be HP.

Yes, for new (and newish, less than a year with Chase) it would be an HP for sure 99.9% of the time.  We're kind of hoping due to the OP's length of time with them it might be a SP.  Though, you re-affirm they tend to tell a person about an HP before doing one (I'm guessing that was the case for you).  Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 13 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@radiomando wrote:

How new?

I would suspect that if it's 6 months or younger they would pull HP just because your so new with them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called and she said a credit inquiry would be necessary so I declined the CLI.

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

Here's to hoping for an auto-CLI for you!!! Good usage and payment history will eventually pay for you!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 36
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Keep in mind that just because a CSR tells you it's a SP doesn't mean it is.  I would wait until you close on the house.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been with Chase for  years. So I'm not sure what the reason behind it. I could barely understand her.

Message 17 of 36
radiomando
New Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@radiomando wrote:

How new?

1st statement hasnt hit

Message 18 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@radiomando wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@radiomando wrote:

How new?

1st statement hasnt hit

Yea I would consider gardening this account for at least 6 months 1 year is better!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 36
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Kind of goes in line with what I've heard and experienced, esp lately.  Chase likes to HP for CLI requests but at least they usually inform you first.  They are rather conservative, maybe more so in the last few years.  And they don't hand out auto CLI's very often I guess.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.