Reply
Valued Contributor
RyVision
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom HP or SP


shawal16 wrote:

I've been with Chase for  years. So I'm not sure what the reason behind it. I could barely understand her.


Today might not have been the best day to call. You'd want to talk to a supervisor or credit analyst. I think you'd have to call on a week day to be sure of being able to do that. If you didn't get a supervisor (transferred the call),  you could call tomorrow if you'd like a better answer.

Senior Contributor
drkaje
Posts: 3,491
Registered: ‎07-25-2008
0

Re: Chase Freedom HP or SP


shawal16 wrote:

I just called and she said a credit inquiry would be necessary so I declined the CLI.


That stinks!

 

I like their card's simplicity, website, and generally find customer service okay but really wouldn't have gotten it knowing Chase's CLI policy. Mine will be a year old in August but basically only gets used when there's a 5% category that beats the BCP.

 

It's still a good card and company. They just have the one policy that annoys me, LOL!


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
shawal16
Posts: 57
Registered: ‎02-01-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom HP or SP

I've even tried to get the APR down from 24.99% but they wouldn't budge any. That's why I never use the card. I have the AA Citi card the interest rate is 11% with a 5k CL. So I use that the mostly. I actually don't want to have multiple cards. I carry a floating balance not over $400.

Current Score: EX - 775; EQ - 774; TU - 768 6/06/2012 FAKO
Starting Score: EX - 738; EQ - 740; TU - 750 01/30/2012 FAKO
Approved for USDA Guranteed Mortgage...waiting on the builders now!
Valued Contributor
RyVision
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom HP or SP


shawal16 wrote:

I've even tried to get the APR down from 24.99% but they wouldn't budge any. That's why I never use the card. I have the AA Citi card the interest rate is 11% with a 5k CL. So I use that the mostly. I actually don't want to have multiple cards. I carry a floating balance not over $400.



It sounds like they're doing to you what they did with a lot of  "converted" circuit city card holders. Leaving  you with less than stellar terms, the high rate still there after moving to the Freedom line. You would really want to speak with someone higher up in this case. If you don't care about the CL for now, you'll have better luck with them after the mortgage has been going for 6 months. Though a supervisor might be able to do something without a HP on a weekday (possibly even just lower the rate), just no guarantee.  They didn't go out of their way for converted card members (circuit city to regular chase).

Senior Contributor
drkaje
Posts: 3,491
Registered: ‎07-25-2008
0

Re: Chase Freedom HP or SP

I've called to ask about upgrading to CSP and was told it wouldn't be possible for one year and would still require a HP. Also got a big, fat "No" to lowering the interest rate, LOL!

 

Chase Freedom's freedom will soon be limited to my sock drawer if things don't change soon. Plenty of other cards are fighting for that spot in the rotation. :smileyhappy:


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,436
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom HP or SP


drkaje wrote:

I've called to ask about upgrading to CSP and was told it wouldn't be possible for one year and would still require a HP. Also got a big, fat "No" to lowering the interest rate, LOL!

 

Chase Freedom's freedom will soon be limited to my sock drawer if things don't change soon. Plenty of other cards are fighting for that spot in the rotation. :smileyhappy:


:smileyvery-happy:

 

If they're not cutting out on the starting rotation demote them to 2nd string!




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Senior Contributor
drkaje
Posts: 3,491
Registered: ‎07-25-2008
0

Re: Chase Freedom HP or SP


LS2982 wrote:

drkaje wrote:

I've called to ask about upgrading to CSP and was told it wouldn't be possible for one year and would still require a HP. Also got a big, fat "No" to lowering the interest rate, LOL!

 

Chase Freedom's freedom will soon be limited to my sock drawer if things don't change soon. Plenty of other cards are fighting for that spot in the rotation. :smileyhappy:


:smileyvery-happy:

 

If they're not cutting out on the starting rotation demote them to 2nd string!


It's going into the sock drawer after the 5% on gas ends. :smileyhappy:


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,436
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom HP or SP


drkaje wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

drkaje wrote:

I've called to ask about upgrading to CSP and was told it wouldn't be possible for one year and would still require a HP. Also got a big, fat "No" to lowering the interest rate, LOL!

 

Chase Freedom's freedom will soon be limited to my sock drawer if things don't change soon. Plenty of other cards are fighting for that spot in the rotation. :smileyhappy:


:smileyvery-happy:

 

If they're not cutting out on the starting rotation demote them to 2nd string!


It's going into the sock drawer after the 5% on gas ends. :smileyhappy:


I'm thinking of trying my luck with Chase in August but really want to hold my EX report for PSECU. Think PSECU would still approve with a 6 month old INQ in Feb. 2013?




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Senior Contributor
drkaje
Posts: 3,491
Registered: ‎07-25-2008
0

Re: Chase Freedom HP or SP

@LS,

 

Totally unfamiliar with PESCU's practices.


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,436
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom HP or SP


drkaje wrote:

@LS,

 

Totally unfamiliar with PESCU's practices.


I'm scared i'll get declined for too many recent INQ's if I go for Chase in August.

 

If any myFICO experts could chime in on this it would be appreciated!




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}