Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Holders

5k non-Signature Chase Freedom Visa here. Reports to all 3 bureaus

Message 11 of 51
p-
Valued Contributor

I have a Chase Freedom; last credit report showed my limit of 2,000.  Yesterday they gave me a CLI to 5,000 but no change to my report yet.  I'm assuming it will show up after the next statement cut.

What does it mean when they upgrade you to a signature card?  Is that a no limit deal or something?

Message 12 of 51
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Mine has a limit of $11,500 and it reports to all three bureaus.

Message 13 of 51
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

I was wondering the same. What's the difference between a signature and regular version?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 14 of 51
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:
I was wondering the same. What's the difference between a signature and regular version?

The signature has >5k CL, offers concierge and other services, but often does not report the CL, with various consequences for your score. There were several threads on the topic. See here for example (but if you search for "signature" on the board search you will find plenty more).

*Edit: Need to pofreade beffore possing*

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 15 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kay_Cee wrote:

Mine has a limit of $11,500 and it reports to all three bureaus.

Awesome!  I was wondering if anyone here had a Freedom with >$5k that reported Smiley Happy  Thanks.

Message 16 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are not necessarily consequences to your credit score for having a signature card. I've read the newer versions of FICO do not reflect the speculated consequences of having a signature card. If you get a siggy b/c your CL is over 5k, it's not the end of the world. Actually, it's quite awesome.

Message 17 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There are not necessarily consequences to your credit score for having a signature card. I've read the newer versions of FICO do not reflect the speculated consequences of having a signature card. If you get a siggy b/c your CL is over 5k, it's not the end of the world. Actually, it's quite awesome.

True, but some people like to have their cards reporting.  It's the only card I use right now, so I like to have i report too.

Message 18 of 51
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

From my understanding....Chase will try to convert ppl with a $5K CL and over to a World/Signature card with those benefits - which has a NPSL. But you do have the option to opt out when you received the letter in the mail.

I have 2 Chase CCs with NPSL and when I checked my Equifax report lately, it didn't have any adverse or lower my credit score. It report as "other" on the TL and just report my minimum monthly payment. IMHO...I think having a card(s) with NPSL are seen as a positive in the eyes of most prime lenders. I also think it's great cause I wouldn't have to bother asking for a CLI, cause cards with NPSL, you are allow to charge over your CL and it will be approved. You just have to PIF the amount you go over your CL the following month. I think that is great idea imho.

Message 19 of 51
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

My Freedom was issued at $3,000 last October.

Got a $1,000 Auto CLI at 6 months to $4,000.

Took a hard for a $2,000 CLI in October of this year for a credit line of $6,000.

Still a Platinum Visa, reports limit.  No word yet that they are trying to upgrade me.

My United and Sapphire both are Visa Signatures, with no limit reporting.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.