Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Holders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Holders

ugh, people.    siggy vs non siggy doesn't matter.  its a credit card, it reports.

it only doesn't report A LIMIT if its a NPSL card.

Message 31 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really don't think if the appeared or not in the report was in question.  The whole point of the discussion was about the limit being reported, as you said.

In the case of most of the posters in this thread, they are taking issue with the signature/world accounts not reporting the limit, not the entire report it not reporting at all. People who want the limit to report want revolving utilization benefits from the higher limit a signature/world card normally does not provide with low/zero balances.  NPSL cards from chase normally do not offer this benefit, along with most other signature/world cards from other issuers.  Apparently though Citi is now reporting NPSL card limits though.

A good thing to remember, as others have said, there is still a soft limit on the cards, which can be reported should the issuer choose to.  NPSL only means that you may go beyond the soft limit, and will be approved/declined on per transaction basis as I'm sure you know, since you have many high balance cards, and a few of them are probably signature/world cards.

The reasoning behind NPSL not reporting limits is so that the issuers do not report you being over limit in your account to CRAs.  Of course, if you always maintain low balances or PIF every month, this is a non-issue.  Those who do so will want to, again, benefit from the limit reporting with their reported balance.

Message 32 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I really don't think if the appeared or not in the report was in question.  The whole point of the discussion was about the limit being reported, as you said.

In the case of most of the posters in this thread, they are taking issue with the signature/world accounts not reporting the limit, not the entire report it not reporting at all. People who want the limit to report want revolving utilization benefits from the higher limit a signature/world card normally does not provide with low/zero balances.  NPSL cards from chase normally do not offer this benefit, along with most other signature/world cards from other issuers.  Apparently though Citi is now reporting NPSL card limits though.

A good thing to remember, as others have said, there is still a soft limit on the cards, which can be reported should the issuer choose to.  NPSL only means that you may go beyond the soft limit, and will be approved/declined on per transaction basis as I'm sure you know, since you have many high balance cards, and a few of them are probably signature/world cards.

The reasoning behind NPSL not reporting limits is so that the issuers do not report you being over limit in your account to CRAs.  Of course, if you always maintain low balances or PIF every month, this is a non-issue.  Those who do so will want to, again, benefit from the limit reporting with their reported balance.

I agree.  I think the issue here is whether or not a limit is reported, thus helping (or hurting) util.

Message 33 of 51
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

ugh, people.    siggy vs non siggy doesn't matter.  its a credit card, it reports.

it only doesn't report A LIMIT if its a NPSL card.

I have removed your later post.

First of all, you're splitting hairs. Most siggies function as NPSL cards. My Freedom is not a siggy; it reports the CL and is factored in util. My Southwest Visa IS a siggy, and it does NOT report the limit, and it is excluded from util.

OTOH, I have World MC's from USAA and BofA. They are both NPSL's, but they both report the limit, and they are both included in util. And I know this because I have seen what happens on my reports and on my scores when they do and don't report balances.

From my years here at the boards, it seems that World cards (yes, NPSL World cards) are a bit more likely to report the CL, thus being consumer-friendly, than are Siggies. But there's enough exceptions out there for these to be legitimate questions.

This is the issue that most posters are curious about, and all the replies except yours have been helpful.

Secondly, I removed your later post because of its hostile and condescending tone. Also, if you're going to toss in references to religious figures, you might have the politeness to capitalize their names. If you're using them as an expression of exasperation, please leave them out entirely, as anyone familiar with everyday conventions of courtesy knows.

Generally speaking, it's always wise for those new to a message board to get a feel for the general tone and the User Guidelines before putting up posts.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 34 of 51
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

Holy cow man! Why does everything you write have to be rude? Referrring to culpepermike.

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 35 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

and if you want to correct anything you should correct the guy from the VERY FIRST POST.  if he wants to know about limits reporting he should've asked about NPSL, not siggy.  the fact that you would respond to me and not make clear that siggy or not, it reports limits. and again about 5 posts in, people start comparing their credit limits because they think anything over 5k doesn't report.

and again, credit limits are irrelevant.

so lets try this one more time.

chase freedom, as all cards, report limits.  it doesn't matter the credit limit.  it also doesn't matter if its a siggy card.  they both post limits.

however, if your card is upgraded to a NPSL it doesn't report a limit.  because in theory it has no limit to report.

getting a siggy doesn't mean NPSL and having a card that's NPSL doesn't mean its a siggy.  i'm sorry this is so confusing to a few of you, but theres no splitting hairs here.  this is how its done.  siggy doesn't imply NPSL, NPSL doesn't imply siggy.

Message 36 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

As according to the Visa site on Visa Signature cards, while yes the NPSL is given by the issuer, NPSL is supposed to be a "perk", depending on how you look at it, of the VISA signature product.  It may be NPSL, but the issuer also has the option of declining every transaction you make that goes beyond your internal limit for the account.  So you could have NPSL, but the bank may never let you go above the internal limit.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/visa-signature/benefits/no-preset-spending-limit.jsp

Message 37 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

finally somebody, waralpha, who understands.

so to recap.  you can get a visa sig straight from many credit issuers.  you get a great limit or a crappy limit, but it reports. 

some people get upgraded from a normal card to a siggy after good history, but again its just a title and again, it still reports.

somewhere down the line you might get upgraded to NPSL which finally doesn't report because in theory it doesn't have a limit.  however, most cards still have an internal limit that the issuer uses as a guideline for NPSL.  so you cant go balls out nutty and buy a yacht on a card that had $15,000 of credit and is now NPSL.

but as long as your card isn't NPSL (siggy or not) it reports a limit. 

and as a followup to the moderator who said most siggies are NPSL.  i'm sure a study would show that its a very small percentage.  probably of all visa's 10% are siggies and of all siggies probably only 5-10% are NPSL.

Message 38 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

jerk or not, i keep answering the question correctly and someone keeps asking it again. and on top of that, people and moderators are providing incorrect information which then i try to correct.  i guess i should let people be misinformed.

Message 39 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

seriously i dont think you've actually read topic.  i started this post all over again.  if you read the first 15 responses its clear that most though siggy or any CL over 5k doesn't report.  both are false.  i've since corrected that misnomer several times.  i'm sorry you're taking issue with that, but facts are facts.

read the first 12-15 posts and give me a summary of whats being said.  we can continue this converstation after that.

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.