Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Low CL

tag
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom Low CL

I recently got a Chase Freedom card and I only got a $2000 CL. Will Chase do a CLI right away without another hard pull? I have other cards with much higher CLs.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Low CL

No.  It is a guaranteed hard pull.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 2 of 12
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I have a Chase personal/savings along with Chase CCs. All are linked up together when I log in to view all information. I requested a CLI 2 months ago by logging into my personal account and sending Chase a Secured message asking for a CLI. It was a soft pulled. But, before doing so, I emailed Chase and asked if it was a hard/soft and the replied email from CSR was...."soft". Although I was declined the CLI, I checked my report 1 month later and confirmed it was a soft, not hard.

Message 3 of 12
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

I asked after my Freedom account was 7 months old.  Chase mortgage is 14 months old, have a Chase checking, savings with around $6k, and a United card with them for 4 months.  Declined.  Hard pull.  They were kind of rude about it too.  I had a few recent inq's for CLI requests and opened a new Citi card, she said, and I quote "you look very desperate for credit, and it appears as if you are about to default on your obligations."  Needless to say, sockdrawered.  

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 4 of 12
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@jthedges wrote:

I asked after my Freedom account was 7 months old.  Chase mortgage is 14 months old, have a Chase checking, savings with around $6k, and a United card with them for 4 months.  Declined.  Hard pull.  They were kind of rude about it too.  I had a few recent inq's for CLI requests and opened a new Citi card, she said, and I quote "you look very desperate for credit, and it appears as if you are about to default on your obligations."  Needless to say, sockdrawered.  

That CSR could of been fired if you had of escalated that call to a Supervisor. All calls are recorded when you call into Chase asking for a CLI, etc....I've been with Chase since 2002, at times, the CSR can be blunt and straight to the point but never said anything like you mentioned above. I would of ask for a manager or supervisor and have that person written up.

Message 5 of 12
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@aftermath wrote:

Since that's the case I think I'll wait...how long is normal for Chase CLIs?

Message 6 of 12
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

@aftermath wrote:

Since that's the case I think I'll wait...how long is normal for Chase CLIs?

I thought 6 months... seems to be the typical amount of time to wait.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jthedges wrote:

she said, and I quote "you look very desperate for credit, and it appears as if you are about to default on your obligations."  

Wow, that is totally unprofessional, and I bet she could get into a lot of trouble for that, I'm a nice guy and all, but I think I would have escalated that.

Message 8 of 12
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jthedges wrote:

she said, and I quote "you look very desperate for credit, and it appears as if you are about to default on your obligations."  

Wow, that is totally unprofessional, and I bet she could get into a lot of trouble for that, I'm a nice guy and all, but I think I would have escalated that.

After being berated on the phone, I didn't really care to give them any of my business anyways.  I charged anywhere from $1000 to $3000 a month with Chase between my United and Freedom cards, and always PIF.  But whatever, I am currently loving on my Citi Dividend card.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jthedges wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jthedges wrote:

After being berated on the phone, I didn't really care to give them any of my business anyways.  I charged anywhere from $1000 to $3000 a month with Chase between my United and Freedom cards, and always PIF.  But whatever, I am currently loving on my Citi Dividend card.

I don't blame you one bit, I guess those Chase cards will be sniffing socks for a while huh? LOL

I just apped for the Citi Dividend Platinum Select, I called for app status and was told they are sending me a letter to verify my income, I believe that is what I was told the letter was.

I can verify my income, so maybe thats a good sign for approval????

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.