Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom MC or only Visa now?

tag
NikoD
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom MC or only Visa now?

I read that new customers are only being offered the Visa not the MasterCard. True?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AAstra
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom MC or only Visa now?

I'm curious on this one since I'll be apping for this soon. Didn't even know they offered a MC Freedom. Hopefully someone responds because I would prefer the MasterCard.

FICO - TU: 815 | EQ: 793 | EX: 813

Sears MasterCard: $13k (1/2013)
Capital One Venture One Visa Signature: $10k (7/2015)
Amex BCE: $9.8k (3/2014)
Amex Corporate: NPSL
Chase Freedom Visa Signature: $9.5k (3/2014)
Discover it: $9.5k (3/2014)
Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards: $2.65k (6/2013)
Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 7
NikoD
Regular Contributor

@dbutz1109 wrote:

I'm curious on this one since I'll be apping for this soon. Didn't even know they offered a MC Freedom. Hopefully someone responds because I would prefer the MasterCard.

Me too. I don't have a MC so I'd like to take advantage of any MC specific promotions that retailers sometimes have. Also, I don't remember ever coming across a retailer that only takes MC but I've heard of it happening to other people.

Message 4 of 7
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@dbutz1109 wrote:

i have chase freedom MC (but it was issued 5 years ago, so it's possible they don't offer MC version to new customers)

(it's my only MC)

Message 5 of 7
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@NikoD wrote:

Me too. I don't have a MC so I'd like to take advantage of any MC specific promotions that retailers sometimes have. Also, I don't remember ever coming across a retailer that only takes MC but I've heard of it happening to other people.

Sams Club (MC and Discover. No Visa or Amex.)

Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Chase is generally only issuing Visa now.  I got my Freedom in the last quarter of last year and it was a Visa.  You can refer to many existing threads on this topic as well if you want to collect more anecdotal evidence.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.