cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom MasterCard, no longer being offered?!?

tag
jrmsmlbg
Established Member

Re: Chase Freedom Mastercard, no longer being offered?!?

Yeah, when I called the lady said that some of their cards will still be offered in mastercard options, but I believe the freedom card is not anymore. Congrats on the option for CSP without having to actually apply for it. 

Starting Score: 672EQ (9/18/13) 726EX MyScore (9/30/13)
Current Score: 727EQ (10/16/13)
Goal Score: 800 Across the board.

Last Application: 9/26/13 | Gardening Until: 9/26/14
Message 11 of 39
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom MasterCard, no longer being offered?!?

I recently requested my Freedom account to be converted from Visa to Mastercard through the secure message portal online. After a couple of days, I checked my account online and see that there is another Chase Freedom account with a different card number. I also called and verified with a CSR that I do indeed now have a Chase Freedom Mastercard. So It is still possible. Try sending them a secure message online.
Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 12 of 39
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@jakemod1 wrote:
I recently requested my Freedom account to be converted from Visa to Mastercard through the secure message portal online. After a couple of days, I checked my account online and see that there is another Chase Freedom account with a different card number. I also called and verified with a CSR that I do indeed now have a Chase Freedom Mastercard. So It is still possible. Try sending them a secure message online.

I did same thing last night and got message saying they cant make any changes to card within first year :-( also person said you can reapply again for an new card but there is no guarantee you will get an mc if approved. No thanks on getting another HP and not getting guaranteed MC

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 13 of 39
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jakemod1 wrote:

I did same thing last night and got message saying they cant make any changes to card within first year :-( also person said you can reapply again for an new card but there is no guarantee you will get an mc if approved. No thanks on getting another HP and not getting guaranteed MC

I wanted my Visa to be upgraded to a Visa Signature few weeks ago, the first rep told me no via secure message, I asked to have my inquire escalated, and the next credit analysit that my ticket was escalated to was able to fullfill my request.

Keep trying.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 14 of 39
godsentdeath
Established Member

I just converted my freedom visa to a MC a week and a half ago with no issues. I hope they aren't phasing them out, because if so, I wouldn't have gone through the hassel of converting.

Message 15 of 39
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@godsentdeath wrote:

I just converted my freedom visa to a MC a week and a half ago with no issues. I hope they aren't phasing them out, because if so, I wouldn't have gone through the hassel of converting.

did you send in an secure message or did you call in ?

Message 16 of 39
godsentdeath
Established Member

I called the number on the back of my card a few times in the past 5 months to see if I had any promotions or offers. Each time they offered me the conversion. I have had the freedom card since 2006 though (it was originally the circuit city credit card converted to freedom once circuit city went under).

@mongstradamus wrote:

@godsentdeath wrote:

did you send in an secure message or did you call in ?

Message 17 of 39
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

why are people converting or want to convert??? arent Visa and Mastercard accepted just about everywhere?

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 18 of 39
godsentdeath
Established Member

@ac921ol wrote:

why are people converting or want to convert??? arent Visa and Mastercard accepted just about everywhere?

I converted because my local courthouse (I am an attorney) does not take visa when I need to get copies of court files and the likes. My operating account is a visa debit card. All my other cards for the most part are Visa, so I opted to convert my freedom as it was really my only Visa capable of converting to MC.

Message 19 of 39
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@ac921ol wrote:

I think mc is accepted at slightly more places, and most of the cards i have are all visa. I would like to have an good mastercard to go along with my visa cards

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.