Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Mastercard

tag
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom Mastercard

I have been eyeing the freedom card for quite some time now and I figured I should get the mastercard version because I don't have a mastercard yet and my school only takes mastercards. When I went to the mastercard website, I cant find the app for the freedom card anymore. Is the mastercard discontinued? I called CS and they said only visa, unless a banker can offer me the MC version. 

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Mastercard

@CredittotheMax wrote:

I have been eyeing the freedom card for quite some time now and I figured I should get the mastercard version because I don't have a mastercard yet and my school only takes mastercards. When I went to the mastercard website, I cant find the app for the freedom card anymore. Is the mastercard discontinued? I called CS and they said only visa, unless a banker can offer me the MC version. 

I got the MC version last year from Credit Karma's link.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CredittotheMax wrote:

App for the visa then call in after 1 month of It activated and get it PCed to MC. Chase can do this.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 7
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I called in to switch mine from visa to mc for the same reason as the OP.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 4 of 7
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@CredittotheMax wrote:

App for the visa then call in after 1 month of It activated and get it PCed to MC. Chase can do this.

LS is right. I changed my csp from visa siggy to World Mc a month after i had applied for it. (already have freedom siggy). It was painless.

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 5 of 7
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

If you PC to a MC after a month, does that count as a new account?

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 6 of 7
WolfMan
Regular Contributor

No new account... I asked for the MC version only a couple weeks after getting my Visa via the secure message, They sent one right away. Still to this day, both the Visa and Mastercard show in my account, tied together. I only use the MC, as the Visa is in my sock drawer. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.