Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax

Chase Freedom Mastercard

I have been eyeing the freedom card for quite some time now and I figured I should get the mastercard version because I don't have a mastercard yet and my school only takes mastercards. When I went to the mastercard website, I cant find the app for the freedom card anymore. Is the mastercard discontinued? I called CS and they said only visa, unless a banker can offer me the MC version. 

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

FICO = EQ: 729 (6/13) TU:744 (12/27) EX: ?
Valued Contributor
armbenderc

Re: Chase Freedom Mastercard

CredittotheMax wrote:

I have been eyeing the freedom card for quite some time now and I figured I should get the mastercard version because I don't have a mastercard yet and my school only takes mastercards. When I went to the mastercard website, I cant find the app for the freedom card anymore. Is the mastercard discontinued? I called CS and they said only visa, unless a banker can offer me the MC version. 

I got the MC version last year from Credit Karma's link.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Mega Contributor
LS2982

CredittotheMax wrote:

App for the visa then call in after 1 month of It activated and get it PCed to MC. Chase can do this.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Contributor
Peteyglad

I called in to switch mine from visa to mc for the same reason as the OP.

Citi Double Cash 4.6k | Barclaycard Sallie Mae 5k | Citi Forward 6.4k | Discover It 8.8k | US Bank REI 9.5k | US Bank Cash+ 9.5k | Chase Freedom 10k | Lowes 10k | BOA Better Balance Rewards 10k | Fidelity AMEX 11.1k | FNBO Amex 12.7k | AMEX BCP 18.3k | Chase Ritz-Carlton 24.5k
Established Contributor
ObeyJohnny12

LS2982 wrote:

CredittotheMax wrote:

App for the visa then call in after 1 month of It activated and get it PCed to MC. Chase can do this.

LS is right. I changed my csp from visa siggy to World Mc a month after i had applied for it. (already have freedom siggy). It was painless.

Gardening Since: March 4, 2013.
In My Wallet: Chase: Freedom Visa Signature | Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard. |
Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax

If you PC to a MC after a month, does that count as a new account?

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

FICO = EQ: 729 (6/13) TU:744 (12/27) EX: ?
Regular Contributor
WolfMan

No new account... I asked for the MC version only a couple weeks after getting my Visa via the secure message, They sent one right away. Still to this day, both the Visa and Mastercard show in my account, tied together. I only use the MC, as the Visa is in my sock drawer. 

MyFico Scores 8/2013: EX:702 EQ:724 TU:730 -- 2009: I had BAD credit. -- PIF Weekly!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}