Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Miles Card reward exclusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Miles Card reward exclusion

Hey, I just completed converting my WAMU no reward to a Chase Freedom Miles.  I was reading the Triple Mile merchant types and it says:

"Retail establishments must classify their merchant location for Visa/MasterCard as one of the following bonus categories: grocery stores (that are not affiliated with or departments of superstores, warehouse clubs or discount stores)........"

So this seems to mean that grocery shopping at Walmart, Sam's, Costco or Target will not count toward triple miles, just normal 1 for 1.    I guess Sam's and Costco only take certain cards anyway.....but Walmart and Target are pretty popular grocery stores. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Miles Card reward exclusion

Those are actually standard exclusions from every card I know of. No department or wholesale discounters allowed in higher level rewards. 
Message 2 of 4
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Fairly common in the disclosure terms for most rewards cards, txjohn.

A month-long promo ending tomorrow thru Discover card actually pays 5% cashback for shopping at those same warehouse club type stores, although the purchase limit cap is just $200. But $10 is $10!

P.S. Towser44 is a much faster typer...:smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by Uborrow-Upay on 03-30-2009 10:58 AM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info.  My wife shops at Target and Walmart almost exclusively because they are the closest things to us (Albertson's closed - couldn't compete).

So, I'll have to ask her about if she is interested in shopping else where.  But she likes to shop Walmart with their match competitor price, on top of normal pricing.  Not sure if she will think the bonus rewards are worth more than her combined shopping savings Smiley Happy

Of course if I tell her that's her vacation savings account she may think different Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 03-30-2009 10:35 AM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.