Legendary Contributor

Chase Freedom NO PC?

Can Chase Freedom be PC to something?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom NO PC?

I have heard that they sometimes transfer a credit line to a different card that you have been approved for

Message 2 of 15
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Yes, but as with any Chase card you have to wait a minimum 12 months

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I was hoping for something like Amazon, United.... I don't know why but just don't like the Freedom that much.

No point in moving the CL to the Slate due to the only $1500 CL... probably more useful to pull out sometimes for rotation categories then move that CL to Slate and loose the account. although might help util!

Message 4 of 15
john398
Senior Contributor

oh, what does does Amazon have better than Freedom, just curious, is it better rewards?

Message 5 of 15
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Chase Amazon: 3 points on Amazon, 2 points on gas and restaurants (IIRC), 1 point everything else.

Points used as credit on Amazon purchases. Not something I would PC a Freedom to, personally, but a decent Amazon rewards card. Though others here will quickly point out the other, better, cards for rewards on Amazon purchases. Freedom actually has 5% on Amazon in Q4 this year I think.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 6 of 15
john398
Senior Contributor

@b_seeker wrote:

Chase Amazon: 3 points on Amazon, 2 points on gas and restaurants (IIRC), 1 point everything else.

Points used as credit on Amazon purchases. Not something I would PC a Freedom to, personally, but a decent Amazon rewards card. Though others here will quickly point out the other, better, cards for rewards on Amazon purchases. Freedom actually has 5% on Amazon in Q4 this year I think.

and chase has 5% on restarants right now....

Message 7 of 15
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

I have to agree with CA. I'm just not wow'ed anymore with freedom. I just don't enjoy "chasing" 5% categories on this card and the Discover IT. I'll most likely be moving my freedom credit line to my Amazon and SWA cards.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mauwow0682 wrote:
I have to agree with CA. I'm just not wow'ed anymore with freedom. I just don't enjoy "chasing" 5% categories on this card and the Discover IT. I'll most likely be moving my freedom credit line to my Amazon and SWA cards.

Being someone that had "Freedom PLUS" Before Chase did what most of the banks have done with GOOD reward programs... I paid annual fee but I had the top 6 (yes, 6) categories a month and it rotated by what I spent not what they chose.... I mean I guess I understand not offering that, I basically earned 6% on the entire card because of that! but still.... The caps on each quarter are just low and annoying to me, similar to Discover but I guess also just because Chase seems to want to churn and burn new applications vs. review and increase current credit lines and lower interest rates on old old accounts, etc.  I tried to talk to this guy today about CLI since no PC and between the country he was in and the way credit works confusion of the USA for him it REALLY just fired me up. Told me Chase does not say rather the Inquiry they do will negatively effect my credit, I should contact Experian directly if it will but without it Chase CAN NOT increase CL's"  I tried to debate why it coulnd't be done with a SP and he simply said "he could notate a customer suggestion but at this time it was not possible" About the only response I liked, regardless that I don't think that will go anywhere or do anything, it was quick and to point... so script or not, he had said it enough that it almost made me feel in the states Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 15
andre181
Established Contributor

I was able to add my Freedom's credit line which was $3300 to a newly applied Amazon card with a CL of $5000 and close the Freedom no problem. That gave me my limit of $8300 on the Amazon card. 

It was also good because the APR on the Freedom was 24.24% and the APR on the Amazon is 13.99%.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.